Lepa shows off high-efficiency PSUs, seizure-inducing LED fans

Enermax subsidiary Lepa is showing PSUs and fans at CES this year. New on the PSU front is the P1375, which boasts modular cables, a 1375W output rating, and 80+ Platinum certification. Lepa’s PSU offerings cover a range of capacities between 750 and 1700W. The P-series models have 80+ Platinum certification, while the G-series units are 80 Plus Gold.

The PSUs all look pretty sedate, which is more than can be said for the firm’s fans. Check out the LED-encrusted models Scott caught on video—but only if you’re not prone to seizures.

When in Vegas, I guess. These fans will surely be popular with folks doing Dekotora-themed case modifications.

Lepa’s fans do more than just produce dazzling light shows, of course. The firm’s Vortex models are designed to shoot air in a tight column rather than scattering it. Unfortunately, the water vapor demo used to illustrate the more focused airflow proved impossible to capture on video. Seems like the Vortex fans could offer better performance with CPU heatsinks and water-cooling radiators that have fins parallel to the path of airflow.

• Black Applesauce

I watched this and I still don’t understand what the big deal ijlkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• anotherengineer

GAH

Geoff you should have shot this at 120 fps

• LoneWolf15

And thus the Monty Python “Killer Power Supply” sketch was born.

• Bensam123

^

• willmore

I think you mean ‘rolling on the floor twitching’.

• just brew it!

I’m assuming that was total system draw at the wall plug. But it still means the CPU was likely drawing something north of 250W, which is pretty insane.

• Farting Bob

I can almost guarentee you that the CPU on it’s own was not drawing 400w, AFAIK no motherboard can supply that much power to the CPU socket, at least without some hardcore modding, and it would probably implode on itself after a short time.

• Waco

You’ve not overclocked a recent AMD CPU have you? I saw a 400 watt draw with my CPU alone when I had my 8120 cranked up for the short period I owned it. That, combined with a pair (or more) of highly overclocked cards and a few pumps, fans, etc can easily go over 1400 watts.

That said…it’s useless for 99.9999% of even the enthusiast market.

• just brew it!

Or a toddler, for that matter.

• Bensam123

rofl…

• moose17145

I like the last line before the video stops

“And you can put these in your computer and confuse your pets”

LOL I can totally see a cat or dog just staring into these things

• HallsMint

If someone was running a 4 processor system with 3 gtx 690’s with all of them overclocked, then that amount of output might be needed

• Farting Bob

1.7KW PSU????

I cant think of a single reason why youd need that much power in a single system. Not even close. 3 GTX690’s, an overclocked AMD and a dozen fans will still probably have 500w headroom. Not to mention efficiency falls like a rock below 10-15% on all PSU’s.

• destroy.all.monsters

Manufactured in a Lepa colony no doubt.

• ColeLT1

Dude, not funny, thats nothing to joke abojlkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

• chuckula

How’s that supposed to induce ajlkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Share this post with your friends!