Watch Dogs hitting PCs, consoles on November 19

We’ve seen Watch Dogs in trailers and teasers for months. Now, finally, we know when it’s coming out. A Ubisoft press release quoted by Joystiq says the game will hit stores in North America on November 19. Europeans will have to wait a few more days, until November 22.

According to Ubisoft, the game will be out on launch day for the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U. A PlayStation 4 release is also mentioned, but based on the odd and somewhat grammatically shaky wording of the announcement, I can’t tell whether it’ll be out on the same day as the others. A version of the game seems to be in the works for the next-gen Xbox, as well, but the press release doesn’t quote a release date for it.

Oh, well; at least we’ve got a new trailer to chew on while we wait and ponder the mysteries of corporate public relations. Take a gander:

Watch Dogs is set in a near-future Chicago, where the main character uses his elite hacking skills to make the city’s computer systems do his bidding. Developer Ubisoft Montreal revealed a couple of months back that it’s developing the game for the PC first, with console versions being adapted accordingly. And you know what that means: enough eye candy to induce ocular diabetes.

One would hope, anyway.

• sschaem

oh goodie, start your 7 month countdown people !

Only 18,144,000,000,000,000 nanosecond left !

• HisDivineOrder

I’ll believe it when I see it. I suspect it’ll be delayed on PC, ranging from 1-6 months depending on phase of the moon, lotto numbers from a fortune cookie, whether the CEO got some nookie from the intern the night before the delay announcement, and what the review score is trending toward.

If the score is trending high, expect closer to a 6 month delay. If the score is trending mediocre, expect closer to a 1 month delay.

They ought to make their tagline, “If it’s Ubi and it’s PC, we’ll delay it. It’s what we do.”

• squeeb

[quote<]They ought to make their tagline, "If it's Ubi and it's PC, we'll delay it. It's what we do."[/quote<] lol

• Star Brood

I hope most of the footage is taken from an XBOX 360, because if the PC release looks that poor quality… we’ve got ourselves another cheap console port from an otherwise promising game.

• Meadows

No. Red-green camera artifacts again. No. No.

God no. Please don’t do this. Max Payne 3 did it in EVERY SINGLE SCENE IT EVER HAD at about one effect per three seconds on average. My eyes melted from their sockets before I got halfway into that game.

Ubisoft, do NOT do that here. Learn from other people’s mistakes.

• MadManOriginal

Wow, haven’t seen that before. It looks like utter crap. Chromatic aberration is a real thing but good lord it never looks that severe.

• Meadows

Now imagine that Max Payne 3 has two other “cinematic” effects (another being double image and I don’t remember the third), these effects are played [b<][i<]constantly[/i<][/b<] in a rotation during every cutscene, and you can't turn them off.

• Forge

So uPlay? NoWay.

• BobbinThreadbare

I’ve heard uPlay only needs to go online for activation now, so it essentially works like Steam now.

• Arclight

Does it have offline too? Can it start in offline mode if you don’t have a connection active and allows you to play Watch Dogs for example?

• Marty_man_X

• Arclight

I’l be honest, idk where we should go from here.

• Voldenuit

Damnit, I feel the same way about UPlay.

I only bought I AM ALIVE when I found out that it did not have UPlay.

I don’t care if it’s no longer #alwaysonline, I don’t want another DRM client installed on my system, no matter how unobtrusive it may be.

I’m kinda stuck with Steam with my current library, but that doesn’t mean I want EA, Ubisoft and Microsoft to join in the party. Enough already! If you sell any game on any digital distribution system, you should tweak it to work with that system’s DRM and no other. And yes, Valve, that applies to you too.

• MadManOriginal

For a second I thought I was going to see a preview of some canine-on-technology violence.

• NeelyCam

Is this the first PS4 game announced?

Exciting times ahead!

• AMD64Blondie

So excited. Can’t wait to start playing.