Deal of the week: Discounted tablets, wireless keyboards, cheap SSDs, and more

It’s been one of those weeks, and there’s a pile of work ahead of me that will spill into the weekend, so I’ll cut to the chase. Here are the best hardware deals I found on the web today:

• Newegg has discounted a stack of tablets and notebooks as part of an overstock blowout sale. Promo code MHSALE10 can be used to take 10% off a variety of difference devices, many of which are already selling below their suggested retail prices. A couple of the more intriguing options come from Dell. The Venue 8 Pro 32GB is down to $207, and the Venue 11 Pro 64GB is priced at $459 after the coupon. Both have quad-core Bay Trail processors and run Windows 8.1. The Venue 11 Pro boasts a 1080p display and a USB 3.0 port, as well.
  • Corsair’s Hydro Series H80i water cooler is on sale for $85, and there’s a $10 mail-in rebate on top of that. The rebate knocks the effective price down to $75, which is a great deal for the dual-fan unit. I’ve been using the standard H80 on my motherboard test systems for over a year, and it’s been great.
  • Need a cheap wireless keyboard for a home-theater PC? Logitech’s K400 is on sale for $32. This lightweight offering integrates a Win8-friendly touchpad and has excellent battery life. Read my K400 review for more details.
  • How about a discounted Haswell CPU? The Core i5-4670K is on sale for $210 at TigerDirect after an instant discount and coupon code YHD120100. This quad-core model has an unlocked multiplier to facilitate easy overclocking, but it doesn’t support Hyper-Threading like the i7-4770K.
  • This week’s requisite SSD deal is Crucial’s M500 240GB, which has been slashed to only $120. Remember when 120GB SSDs used to cost that much? The 240GB variant isn’t as fast as larger members of the M500 family, but those are on sale, too. The 500GB unit is only $250, and the 960GB version is priced at $440.

Finally, we have a shout out to gerbils north of the border. NCIX’s St. Patrick’s Sale Event is brimming with deals, and here are my favorites: Seagate’s 600 SSD 240GB for $130, Corsair’s Vengeance Pro DDR3-1866 2x8GB kit for $89, and Logitech’s swanky TK820 wireless keyboard and touchpad for $78.

• reeltrouble

How about non-reference R9 290x’s finally starting to get near their MSRP? $579 after $20 off code in Newegg’s St Patrick’s sale.

Thank god the mining related shortages have finally abated a bit. I thought I was going to have to skip this gen. of cards because of all the &*(^&*^$$ miners. Now all we need is affordable 4k displays that can run at 60 Hz, Yeah….not holding my breath on that one.

• willmore

How about a refurb Hydro H100 for under $50 shipped? No rebate necessary.
    [url<]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181038[/url<]

• Metonymy

Just for the record, amazon has had the K400 priced at $25 for at least a couple of weeks.

• cygnus1

[url<]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Built-In-Multi-Touch/dp/B005DKZTMG[/url<] Was coming here to post that myself

• Prestige Worldwide

Correction on Canadian deals:

The Corsair kit is 2x4gb, an 8gb kit.

From listing:

Corsair Vengeance Pro Black CMY8GX3M2A1866C9 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1866 CL9 1.5V Dual Channel Memory Kit

• bluebadger

So disappointed with this… was going to jump on it thinking that memory prices had finally gone back down to when I had gotten my 2x8GB kit for under 100$…

sadly no 🙁

• Prestige Worldwide

Yeah, I clicked on it post-haste because I thought the deal seemed too good to be true. Turns out it was 🙁

Would have gone quad channel 32gb for that price.

• ericfulmer

Sadly, I think the K400 is always $29 at BB and Target, and has been as low as $24.

But I agree that it is a good deal even at $32.

• drfish

The 250GB Samsung EVO is only $144 on NewEgg, that’s the one tempting me… It was actually $139 earlier in the week.

• LoneWolf15

Why pay $14 more? The Crucials are great disks, and are pretty much my go-to.

• drfish

I like the hybrid SLC/TLC from a tech perspective and even though it doesn’t make much of a tangible difference the performance for a budget drive makes me feel like I’m getting nearly the best of both worlds.

• LoneWolf15

Respectful counterpoint: The Crucial has hardware encryption support, the RAIN engine (for use in RAID), thermal monitoring, and caps to ensure there will be no data loss in the event of a sudden power-down. That and (while unlikely to be a factor in all but harsh scenarios) MLC lasts longer than TLC.

If I thought Crucial didn’t have the quality locked down, I’d definitely buy Samsung. However, after using their 240GB and 480GB disks, I think they’re great drives at a bargain price.

• indeego

No more referral links to randomly named domains? Is this a benefit of subscribing? yay!

• dmjifn

I still see them for newegg, logged in or not.

• indeego

Ah yes. They went back and changed them. Oh well.