What's this? A weekly deals post without discounted SSDs? Madness! There are still lots of cheap SSDs, of course, but none of this week's solid-state sales really caught my eye. Instead, here's a mixed bag of other items.
- A couple of eminently affordable desktop Bay Trail motherboards have appeared at Newegg. They come from ASRock, and they feature quad-core Celeron J1900 chips. The cheapest option is the microATX Q1900M, which is selling for $69.99, and there's a Mini-ITX version for $5 more. These arrivals appear to have inspired a price cut on Gigabyte's J1900-equipped Mini-ITX offering, too. That board is $5 off at $86.99.
- An instant discount and coupon code EMCPEPH24 conspire to bring Asus' hot-clocked GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card down to $149.99. That price tag is usually reserved for basic, stock-clocked cards. The Asus has higher base and boost frequencies, though, and it's equipped with a beefy, dual-fan cooler. It also comes with $150 worth of in-game currency for a handful of free-to-play games.
- XFX's Double D Radeon R9 270X graphics card is on sale at TigerDirect. The card is selling for only $179.99 right now, and a mail-in rebate slashes the effective cost to just $159.99. Although you don't get higher-than-stock frequencies, the card has a nice, dual-fan cooler. It's also bundled with the Silver tier of AMD's latest Never Settle Forever program.
- Itching for a memory upgrade? Crucial's Ballistix Sport 8GB DIMMs are on sale at Newegg for only $64.99. These modules are rated for operation at 1600MHz on 1.5V. They have short heat spreaders, reasonably tight timings, and excellent user reviews.
- We gave Corsair's Obsidian Series 350D microATX tower a TR Recommended award last year. The windowless version is on sale right now, though getting the best deal requires jumping through a couple of hoops. Entering coupon code EMCPEPH38 knocks the case down to $69.99, and a mail-in rebate shaves the effective price to just $59.99.
A couple of game discounts conclude this week's post. Newegg has Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $8.49 after coupon code EMCPEPH64 and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger for $4.33 after promo code EMCPEPH63. Those prices pertain to downloadable versions, by the way. Splinter Cell can be redeemed via Ubisoft's Uplay store, while Call of Juarez is available on Steam.
As always, feel free to post additional deals in the comments below.