We're coming up on the Memorial Day weekend in the U.S., and there are loads of associated sales at online retailers. We've collected the most intriguing discounts on PC hardware below. However, before we get into those, we should point out that TigerDirect is offering $15 off orders over $100. That discount should make some of the deals below even sweeter.
- The price of Radeon R9-series graphics cards has returned to normal, and there are some real bargains out there. For example, TigerDirect is hawking Sapphire's Radeon R9 290 Tri-X card for just $369.99 before a $10 mail-in rebate. AMD's list price for the R9 290 is $399.99, so this is a nice deal even without the rebate attached. The Sapphire card has higher-than-stock speeds, a triple-fan cooler, and three free games from AMD's Never Settle Gold bundle. Shipping is free, too, but the deal expires at midnight PT.
- Need a new GPU but have less to spend? Check out MSI's GeForce GTX 660 Gaming card, which is down to $179.99 at Newegg before a $20 MIR. Dual-fan cooler? Check. Higher-than-reference clock speeds? Yep. This puppy comes with a free copy of Watch Dogs, too. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
- Power supplies aren't terribly exciting, but Newegg has a great deal on SeaSonic's M12II 620W unit. The PSU normally sells for over $100, but the combination of an instant discount and coupon code EMCPEHG49 cut the asking price to only $69.99. This modular PSU has an 80 Plus Bronze efficiency rating, a five-year warranty, and loads of positive user reviews.
- Also on the PSU front, Newegg has Corsair's CXM 600W on sale for $64.99 before a $20 MIR. Like the Seasonic unit, this one has modular cables, 80 Plus Bronze certification, and lots of positive use reviews. The warranty runs out after three years, though.
- It's nearly impossible to do a deals post without including an SSD or two. PNY's XLR8 Pro seems to be the low-cost leader right now. Newegg has the 120GB version for only $69.99 before a $10 mail-in-rebate, and the 240GB variant is just $109.99 before a $20 MIR. Over at TigerDirect, Adata's cheap-and-cheerful Premier Pro SP600 256GB SSD is priced at $109.99 before a $20 rebate of its own. These budget SSDs aren't the fastest, but they're a heck of a lot quicker than mechanical storage.
Long weekends are a great time to catch up on gaming, so it's only fitting that Amazon has a Digital Games Mayhem sale that's loaded with deals on a wide range of titles. You can even sort the listings to only show titles redeemable on Steam. Games are available on their own and in multi-title packs. The Batman bundle looks particularly nice, and if you have kids, it's probably hard to go wrong with the LEGO collection. Also, you can get Farming Simulator 2013 for only $7. Never forget.
As always, feel free to add other deals in the comments below. There are discounts aplenty this week.