This Corsair bracket lets you liquid-cool your GPU

Corsair doesn’t just have new cases and disco peripherals on display at Computex this year. The company has also chosen the venue to unveil the Hydro Series HG10, a bracket that allows graphics cards to be cooled using the company’s Hydro Series closed-loop liquid CPU coolers.

The first edition of the HG10 is coming this month. It will cost $39.99 and will support reference Radeon R9 290 and 290X graphics cards from AMD. Another model tailored for Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 770, 780, 780 TI, and Titan cards will follow next quarter.

According to Corsair, the HG10 can lower GPU temperatures by up to 50°C, and it can also reduce temperatures across the memory and voltage-regulation circuitry by up to 25°C. Installation can be carried out with "only an ordinary screwdriver." Apparently, users will be asked to transplant their stock cooler’s fan onto the HG10 bracket. In its new role, the fan will cool the card’s memory and VRMs, and it will also ensure the GPU’s fan-control circuitry doesn’t go haywire.

• JustAnEngineer

This could be a reasonable option for my Radeon R9-290 with the reference cooler. I’ve already got a Corsair Hydro H70 cooler in the case. I could move the water block/pump to the GPU, stick a CoolerMaster Hyper212 Evo on the Core i7-4770K, and go on.

I’ll be on the lookout for some real-world reviews.

• cynan

The economics of a double closed loop system over a custom kit are somewhat dubious. For example, you can get a better performing custom kit, that will cool a single CPU and GPU, [url=http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/xsrad5exwaki1.html<]such as this[/url<], for $260. All you need to add is the GPU water block. Such a kit won't end up costing you [i<]that[/i<] much more than 2x closed loops Corsair coolers, plus the HG10, and should give you better performance.

• ImSpartacus

GPU water blocks are like >$50, right?

Now we’re over $300. How is that cheaper than two $90 CLCs and a $30-$40 GPU bracket?

• cynan

Definitely not cheaper. It will cost you a good $100 more for a proper custom setup. But for that you get better performance, probably superior reliability, future expansion options. And it will look better in the bargain.

Dem sum tradeoffs I’d take a good long look at.

• Anomymous Gerbil

Dim sum… mmmmm 🙂

• south side sammy

I just saw a few pics on another site. with all the fighting between amd and nvidia lately………….. anybody take notice of the fan that’s in this thing………..????…………….. LOL.

• StuG

It uses that fan that came with the card. It’s only out for AMD cards right now. This makes total sense…

• south side sammy

maybe we’re looking at different things because the fan I saw looked exactly like the red fans used in the ati cards………… circa 5850…………. same fan.

• StuG

Looked like this one to me:

[url<]http://images.anandtech.com/doci/7481/AMDRad_R9_290_Birdseye_RGB_24in.jpg[/url<]

• south side sammy

this is about an nvidia cooler on an nvidia card……………… with an ati fan on it ……

[url<]http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/corsair_hydro_series_hg10_unleashes_your_gpus_hidden_performance.html[/url<]

• StuG

They say in every story, including that one, that the Nvidia version isn’t out yet. These are obviously just pictures of what they have in production, which is the AMD/ATI ones. I don’t see how this is so mind boggling.

• south side sammy

i don’t care about the story. you either don’t get my point or you’re trying to be antagonistic. anyways, have a nice day. cya.

• cynan

Air cooling VRM and mem chips is for noobs! 😀

Although, for $40, you really can’t complain too much. Getting a full cover block will probably cost you an extra $60-80 depending on the card.

Also, the fact that this only works with Corsair “closed” loop coolers is a bit of a drag. With a company like Swiftech, who uses industry standard connectors on their closed-loop coolers for expansion, you can use any water block, the expensive full-cover ones, or GPU-only.

And I bet a 50 deg C difference over air coolers at load is a bit optimistic. Probably more like 30-40 deg C, even with Corsairs larger closed loop coolers.

• Generic

“Apparently, users will be asked to transplant their stock cooler’s fan onto the HG10 bracket. In its new role, the fan will cool the card’s memory and VRMs, and it will also ensure the GPU’s fan-control circuitry doesn’t go haywire.”

I’m intrigued and amused all at once. They may not be the first to do this, but I’ve not paid any attention to the water cooling scene in ages.

• south side sammy

kind of sleazy using the monicker H “G10”. will I buy it………. probably not. The “real” G10 you have a wider array of all in ones to use. this proprietary stuff has got to stop.

• brucethemoose

I noticed that too… At first I thought this was a G10 rebrand (“Hydro” G10), but why copy the name when it’s a completely different product?

• Vaughn

I’ve noticed that also.

G10 Supports

NZXT : Kraken X60, Kraken X40
      Corsair : H105, H110, H90, H75, H55 , H50
      Antec : KUHLER H2O 920V4, KUHLER H2O 620V4, KUHLER H2O 920, KUHLER H2O 620
      Thermaltake : Water 3.0 Extreme, Water 3.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer, Water 2.0 Extreme, Water 2.0 Pro, Water 2.0 Performer
      Zalman : LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

This HG10 supports

Corsair Hydro Series H110, H105, H100i, H100, H80i, H80, H75, H60, H55 supports more of corsairs own products but no mention of the others guys stuff.

• albundy

it would have been nice for them to make a combo cpu/gpu cooler that goes to a double wide block with 2x 140mm top fans. this way at least it wouldn’t eliminate the front fans from cooling my drive array.

• Vaughn

So this is Corsair’s version of the NXZT G10 Kraken!

This looks very thin so may be even better for SLI and Xfire setup with limited space.

• ChangWang

If its easier to cool the VRMs with this, I’d be willing to ditch the G10 and pick one of these up.

• Vaughn

the VRM cooling issue on the G10 is specific per card boss.

My Msi card comes with a default heat plate already installed.

My VRM temps with 92mm fan that comes with the G10 plus the Default Heat plate are 65c and 56c.

[url<]http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2377979&page=3[/url<]

• ChangWang

Right! My card is reference though. 🙁 And I’ll have to wait until next quarter anyways.

• Vaughn

ah yes reference cards will be different no default Heat plate installed on most.