It's that time of year again. Students are preparing for another term, and e-tailers have rolled out their back-to-school sales. Here are some of the more interesting PC hardware deals I found on the web this morning:
- TigerDirect has Intel's Core i5-4690K on sale for $209.99 with coupon code NWD137077. You can knock off few more bucks with this $15 off $100 offer, bringing down the asking price to only $194.99. That's a great deal on a quad-core Devil's Canyon chip with an unlocked for easy overclocking.
- Overclocking is best done with aftermarket cooling, and Newegg has a nice option that will barely dent your wallet. Cooler Master's Hyper TX3 is down to $14.99 after an instant discount and a $5 mail-in rebate. This conventional air tower has a 92-mm fan and hundreds of five-star user reviews.
- Liquid cooling is reserved for more serious overclocking, but it doesn't have to be expensive. Newegg is selling Cooler Master's Seidon 240M closed-loop cooler for only $64.99 after the usual discount-and-rebate combo. That's pretty cheap for a liquid cooler with a dual-fan, 240-mm radiator.
- Cheap storage is a staple of our deals posts. This week, Seagate's Barracuda 2TB can be had for just $74.99 at TigerDirect with coupon code KPY137134. This 'cuda isn't the biggest drive around, but its 7,200-RPM spindle speed will deliver better performance than slower 5,400-RPM alternatives.
- Newegg has a limited-time deal on HGST's Deskstar NAS 4TB, which is down to just $159.99 without any rebates or other hoops to jump through. That's not the cheapest price we've seen for a 4TB hard drive, but the Deskstar has a 7,200-RPM spindle speed and overwhelmingly positive user reviews. HGST also came out on top in that Backblaze reliability study we reported on earlier this year.
I should also note that Newegg has a bunch of discount codes for select SSDs, gaming laptops, monitors, motherboards, and other components. None of the individual items really jump out at me—except maybe the Crucial MX100 256GB for $104.54, since we can't have a deals post without at least one SSD—but you might find something you like. As always, feel free to add your own deals in the comments below.