The work that went into our Haswell-E coverage has sapped my energy for today, so the weekly deals post is short and sweet. Newegg and TigerDirect have both kicked off big sales for the Labor Day weekend. Here are the items that stand out the most.
- Newegg has PNY's Optima 240GB SSD for just $79.99 after a mail-in rebate. That's only $0.33 per gig, which is about the same as the 480GB version discounted at TigerDirect. The larger drive is down to $164.99 with coupon code CYG137809 and a $20 rebate. The Optima isn't the best SSD around, but it's fast enough at those prices, especially for folks upgrading from mechanical hard drives.
- OCZ's Vector 150 SSD has much better all-around performance than the PNY drive—it's one of the fastest SSDs we've ever tested. Right now, the 480GB version is available for only $239.99 at TigerDirect with coupon code RUO139261. That's more per gig than the Optima, but the Vector has a higher endurance rating and a longer five-year warranty.
- WD's Red hard drives are on sale at multiple outlets. Newegg has the 2TB version marked down to $89.99 with promo code EMCPBHA23, while TigerDirect is selling the 4TB variant for $164.99 with promo code BRJ138373. These drives have slower spindle speeds, so they're not ideal for primary storage, but they are optimized for NAS and RAID environments.
- Sick of cheap storage? I thought so. Newegg has a nice deal on LG's 23MP55HQ-P 23" IPS monitor, which can be nabbed for only $124.99 with promo code EMCPBHA45. The panel is surely a six-bit unit, but the 1080p resolution is decent, and there's an old-school VGA input to go along with HDMI. Not bad for a cheap display.
- Finally, we have Cooler Master's Seidon 120V liquid cooler, which can be had for only $29.99 at Newegg after a $20 mail-in rebate. This is the cooler we used in our recent Graphite Series 380T and Elite 110 case reviews. It has a 120-mm fan, an accompanying radiator, and pretty positive user reviews. I'm not sure I've ever seen an all-in-one liquid cooler available for so little.
That's all for this week. As always, we encourage you to add any deals we've missed to the comments below.