Somehow, we've managed to fill a weekly deals post without including any SSDs. Shocking!
- Even at its $72 list price, Intel's Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition is a pretty fantastic value. The chip is even cheaper right now at TigerDirect, which has slashed the price to just $54.99 without any coupon codes, rebates, or other hoops. That's a heck of a deal for a Haswell duallie we overclocked to 4.8GHz.
- TR Readers are fond of monitors with IPS panels, and Newegg has a couple of 'em on sale today. The most affordable is Acer's 23" H6 Series, which is down to $129.99 with promo code EMCWPWC47. Asus' 23.8" VN248H-P is also on sale, albeit for slightly more—$134.99—with promo code AUTMNTIME23 and a $20 mail-in rebate. (Thanks Slickdeals.) Both monitors have 1080p resolutions, 5-ms response times, multiple digital inputs, and solid user reviews. Given the prices, the underlying panels are probably 6-bit units that achieve 8-bit color via dithering. IPS displays with true 8-bit color reproduction are typically much pricier.
- The prices of Radeon R9 290 and 290X graphics cards dropped earlier this month, and in some cases, they're still falling. Newegg is hawking a hot-clocked Asus R9 290X for only $349.54 after promo code EMCWPWC52 and a $20 mail-in rebate. At that price, the card is even cheaper than some GeForce GTX 970 models. Asus didn't cut any corners, either. You get a monstrous dual-fan cooler, upgraded power circuitry, and three free games from the Radeon Gold bundle.
- If you're shopping for a new GPU but limited to a smaller budget, Newegg has a nice deal on MSI's GeForce GTX 760 Gaming, which can be had for only $179.99 after a $30 rebate. The card features higher-than-stock frequencies, a beefy cooler, and full compatibility with MSI's Afterburner overclocking utility. It also has a Mini-ITX sibling with a stubby 6.7" circuit board. That variant has a different cooler and stock clocks, and it's selling for $189.99 after a $20 rebate.
- Last, but not least, we have some games. Newegg is selling a BioShock triple-pack that includes all three members of the franchise for only $10.70 with promo code EMCWPWC72. It also has Lego The Hobbit for $5.62 with promo code EMCWPWC69, and Tomb Raider for $5.09 with promo code EMCWPWC73. All of those titles are unlocked via Steam, which is also running a Free Weekend Weekend promotion that provides temporary free access—and 50-80% discounts—on a collection of titles that includes Grid 2, Don't Starve, Payday 2, and Trine 2, among others.
To be fair, there are loads of cheap SSDs available right now. But none of the deals we've seen this morning really stand out, in part because extremely low prices have become the norm. If we missed a sweet solid-state discount—or a nice deal on any other PC hardware—feel free to add it in the comments below.