One of these days, we're just going to skip the intro and dive right into the bulleted list. But not today. This counts as an intro, right?
- Ultra-wide monitors seem to be getting more popular, and Newegg has one of 'em on sale right now. Dell's 29" U2913WM is down to $419.99 with promo code EMCWPHF56. The display has a 21:9 aspect ratio and a 2560x1080 resolution. It also boasts an IPS panel that's factory-calibrated to cover "more than 99 percent sRGB color space at a delta-E of less than 5." Other perks include quad digital inputs, an adjustable stand, and an integrated USB 3.0 hub.
- Newegg has two candidates for the sweetest solid-state deal of the week: Crucial's MX100 512GB is selling for $194.99 with promo code EMCWPHF98, while Intel's 530 Series 240GB is down to just $109.99. The MX100 has a lower cost per gig, and getting 512GB for under 200 bucks is pretty awesome, but the 530 Series 240GB is also very affordable, and it has a longer five-year warranty. You can't go wrong either way. Act quickly if you want to grab the 530 Series, though; it's part of a limited-time "Shell Shocker" promotion that probably won't last long.
- Craving a graphics upgrade for the incoming wave of holiday releases? Newegg has a nice deal on MSI's Radeon R9 280 Gaming, which is available for only $169.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate. As one might expect, the card has a hot-clocked GPU, a custom cooler, and voucher for three games from the Space Edition of AMD's Radeon Gold bundle.
- Although it's over a year old, the 2013 edition of Google's Nexus 7 tablet remains one of the best Android slates around. The 7-incher has a 1080p display, a snappy quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, and a stock OS that's due for a Lollipop upgrade. Right now, Newegg is selling the 16GB version for only $169.99 with promo code EMCWPHG25. Thanks to TR reader Jeffrey for the tip.
- Last, but not least, we should note that TigerDirect has a couple of coupons that can be applied to any item. Bargain hunters can surrender an email address in exchange for a $10 off $50 code here (thanks SlickDeals). A separate $27 off $270 coupon is also available through TigerDirect's 27th anniversary sale. None of the individual sale items really jump out at me, but if you're looking for a really cheap SSD, Adata's Premier Pro SP600 128GB is only $49.99 after the $10-off coupon.
That's all for this week. If you see any good deals we missed, feel free to add them in the comments below.