Deal of the week: A 960GB SSD for $370, discounted IPS and G-Sync monitors, and more
Black Friday is a few weeks away, but there are already some nice PC hardware deals to be found.
- SanDisk's Ultra II 960GB SSD is on sale at Newegg for only $369.99 right now. Cost per gig: just $0.38/GB, which is lower than the prevailing price for other terabyte-class SSDs. This TLC-based drive won't surive as many writes as its MLC counterparts, but it should have enough endurance for typical consumers, and its performance specs are respectable for a SATA SSD. Act quickly if you're interested, though; the deal expires at 11:59 Pacific Time tonight.
- IPS monitors keep getting cheaper. Case in point: LG's 22" 22MP55HQ-P, which is available for just $109.99 at Newegg after promo code EMCWWPC32. The display looks pretty basic, but it has a 1080p resolution, a VESA-compatible mounting bracket, and both HDMI and VGA inputs. Not bad for a little over a hundred bucks.
- Newegg is taking 10% off a bunch of Benq monitors. The most interesting of the bunch may be the G-Sync-infused XL2420G, which is down to $539.99 with promo code BENQNOVTEN. This 1080p 24-incher supports variable refresh rates up to 144Hz. It also has an adjustable stand, an integrated USB hub, and multiple digital inputs.
- Remember that Gigabyte X99-UD4 motherboard we reviewed last month—the one with funky, music-activated LEDs? Newegg was charging $243.99 at the time, but the board is now available for a scant $193.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate. Even without the rebate, the UD4 is one of the most affordable Haswell-E boards on the market right now. And, unlike some of the cheaper alternatives, it comes on a full-sized ATX form factor that doesn't skimp on memory or expansion slots.
- Titanfall is on sale at Amazon for $10 even. That's a great price for
35GB of uncompressed audio a AAA blockbuster that's not even a year old, especially given all the positive reviews. Buying through Amazon gets you an activation code for EA's Origin service, which is required to run the game.
Those are the deals that stood out to us this morning. If you've spotted any other enticing discounts, be sure to add them in the comments below.