This week's deals post is all over the place, so let's get straight to the bulleted list:
- HP's Stream 7 Win8.1 tablet is on sale at the Microsoft store for only $79. As Slickdeals notes, you can also knock 5% off the total by texting MSSTORE to number 29502. Total cost: just $75.02, which is peanuts for an honest-to-goodness Windows device with a quad-core Bay Trail processor, an IPS display, 32GB of storage, and a Micro SD slot. This is the Signature Edition, too, so it's devoid of extraneous software bloat.
- AMD's Radeon R9 290 and 290X look pretty sweet right now, and Newegg has a couple of nice discounts on MSI's Gaming variants. The R9 290 Gaming is available for only $239.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate, while its 290X twin can be nabbed for $279.99 with a similar MIR. The 290X comes with a $20 gift card and a free copy of Civilization: Beyond Earth, so it's the better deal of the two.
- Case fans aren't the most exciting products in the world, but they're indispensable, and they can come in handy for all sorts of other projects. Newegg has a four-pack of Cooler Master 120-mm fans discounted to just $7.99 after a $5 mail-in rebate. These "silent" spinners have sleeve bearings, three-pin headers, and over 600 five-star user reviews. Hard to beat at two bucks a fan.
- Instead of boring you with today's cheap SSD re-runs, how about the discounted memory kit du jour? Mushkin's Enhanced Blackline 2 x 8GB DDR3-1600 combo is down to $116.99 at Newegg. The heat spreaders aren't too tall, the 9-9-9-24 timings aren't too loose, and the 1.5V voltage rating isn't too high. Sounds good to me.
- 6TB hard drives are now widely available, and one of 'em is already on sale at Newegg. HGST's Deskstar NAS 6TB can be had for $269.99 with promo code ESCANAT22. This a 7,200-RPM unit rather than a pokey, low-power model. It comes with three-year warranty coverage, and if Backblaze's reliability data is any indication, it should be pretty dependable.
Those are the PC hardware deals that caught my eye this morning. As always, feel free to chime in with any good discounts I missed in the comments below.