Scarecrow wreaks havoc in latest Arkham Knight trailer

A new trailer for Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham Knight is out, and this one features a pretty terrifying rendition of the game's arch-villain, Scarecrow. Take a look:

Eerily lifelike character models? Check. Killer voice acting? Check. Developed by Rocksteady Studios, the makers of the original Batman: Arkham Asylum? Check, check, and check.

Yeah, I can't wait for this to come out. Too bad it's not due until June 2.

• playboysmoov

Man this looks great. I can’t want until the summer sale of 2016. Then I will be able to get it for $10! Along with GTA V!

Hey I am not being cheap but, looking at my backlog of games, that’s when I will have time to actually play it.

• ColeLT1

Plus all the bugs will be fixed by then, and you will get all the content from the GOTY edition.

• tipoo

Yep. There are very, very few games I’d pay 60 bucks for, when I’ve racked up a backlog that will last me months at 5-10 dollars a pop and launch issues ironed out.

The only ones that’s hard with is with a strong online multiplayer component, but even those you can get some enjoyment out of months after release.

• GrimDanfango

Ratman?

Think they may need to tweak that logo 😛

• dmjifn

[quote<]this one features a pretty terrifying rendition of the game's arch-villain, Scarecrow[/quote<] If you think that's an intimidating encounter... [spoiler<]after you defeat him, you face Mrs. King![/spoiler<]

• fhohj

can’t get over the fact that they’ve got batman using guns. it isn’t right.

• tipoo

Killing an army of robots, I believe. That would be fine.

• rahulahl

I don’t know why, but I could never get into Batman games.
    I typically love hack and slash games, so I presumed this would be fun for me as well. But I just couldn’t get into it. I prefer the combat from Devil May Cry or Prince of Persia more than Batman.

• SomeOtherGeek

What is wrong with me? How come I have never bought one Batman game?

• adampk17

That is a great question. I haven”t bought one either.

• LoneWolf15

Great question for both of you. It took me a long time to buy any of them, but once I did, I found them to be a lot of fun, and wondered why I’d waited so long.

The voicing has been incredible, the graphics good, and the play has been good too. Pick up the first three on a cheap bundle deal, it’s worth it.

• adampk17

Man, I would but….. I feel like I have 9,000 other games I HAVE purchased that I haven’t played yet either…. lol.

• albundy

probably because it gets annoying that he imprisons these bosses while they end up escaping and kill off the population. somehow, the game just doesn’t bring justice with punching and kicking anymore. the only batman that i did enjoy was The Dark Knight Returns two volume movie. Nothing like a batterang in your eye! [url<]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0mHUlxWq7g[/url<]

• tipoo

I was bias against them for a long time since superhero games haven’t tended to be great productions, but I got them both (not the prequel Origins, which I hear wasn’t near as good) with a 360 I bought used (for 60 bucks! Lagging behind the times is great!), and I find them great. Very excited for the new one, looks better in every way.

• SomeOtherGeek

Ok, thanks. I’ll probably pull the trigger when the next sale comes out. By that time, I’ll be mostly done with Homeworld.

• odizzido

The original had a demo which I was not impressed with at all. That’s why I’ve never purchased one.

• tootercomputer

I wonder what it’s like working at a 7 – 11 in Gotham.

• SomeOtherGeek

Uneventful?

• LoneWolf15

I can wait. Not because it isn’t amazing (I’m sure it will be) but I’m still making my way through the first three games. And that way, I can wait `til it goes on sale.

• curtisb

John Noble…can’t mistake that voice.

• nanoflower

I guess he’s expanding his desire for War beyond the streets of Sleepy Hollow.

• Terra_Nocuus

John Noble in Fringe = a master in action

• curtisb

Also as Denethor in The Lord of the Rings.

• curtisb

Here’s to hoping that gets picked up for a third season! I do think they messed with the formula a bit much this season, but you could see towards the end where they were trying to bring it back around. There were a few twists that I didn’t like, such as where they went with Katrina (trying to avoid spoilers), but I guess they were necessary to advance the story in the direction they took it.

• anotherengineer

[url<]http://blogs.isb.bj.edu.cn/17andrewc/files/2013/09/Scarecrow-Meme.jpg[/url<]

• dmjifn

Heh. I think that pic would also be good for the “Absolutely Disgusting” meme.

• sweatshopking