Buckle up. It's time for another edition of TR's weekly deals post.
- Rebates continue to deliver incredible deals on Radeon R9 290 graphics cards. The pick of the litter today is Sapphire's Tri-X OC version, which is just $239.99 at Newegg after promo code AMDSAPNCAA3 and a $20 mail-in rebate. Pretty sweet for a hot-clocked card with a beefy, triple-fan cooler.
- Newegg has a couple of affordable IPS monitors on sale today. The least expensive is Acer's G257HL BMIDX, which is down to $149.99 with promo code EMCAPKP78. This 25" unit has a 1080p resolution, reasonably thin bezels, and both DVI and HDMI inputs. Dell's P2314H costs $20 more with promo code EMCAPKP37. It spreads the same resolution over a slightly smaller 23" panel and adds a fully adjustable stand, an integrated USB hub, and DisplayPort input.
- Our cheap SSD du jour is the Mushkin Enhanced ECO2 240GB. Announced earlier this week, the drive is already discounted to $79.99 at Newegg. Frills are in short supply, but the underlying SandForce controller and Micron MLC NAND should deliver solid all-around performance. Mushkin hasn't skimped on the three-year warranty, either.
- Mechanical storage remains a necessity for most, and TigerDirect has a nice deal on Seagate's Barracuda 2TB. The 7,200-RPM drive is marked down to only $69.99 after coupon code HKA154672. If you do the math, the cost per gig is an order of magnitude lower than for the Mushkin SSD.
- Memory deals abound, and I particularly like the PNY XLR8 2 x 8GB DDR3-1600 kit on sale at TigerDirect. This dynamic duo can be had for just $109.99 after coupon code NYG154732. The heat spreaders are short, the latencies are tight, and the voltage is a standard 1.5V. Add the lifetime warranty, and it's hard to go wrong here.
Those are the PC hardware deals that caught my eye this morning. If I missed anything good, feel free to chastise me in the comments.