Deal of the week: the 850 EVO 1TB for $336, the Pentium AE for $60, and more
Welcome to another edition of TR's weekly deals post. This one includes more than just cheap SSDs, but imma make you wade through a couple of those before getting to the other goodies:
- Terabyte-class SSDs have appeared in the last few weekly deals posts, and here's another one. Amazon is selling Samsung's 850 EVO 1TB for only $336.34 with free shipping. The TR Recommended drive offers great all-around performance, a high endurance rating, and a five-year warranty. It's also featured in the latest edition of our System Guide.
- In the market for a cheaper SSD with less capacity than the EVO? Check out PNY's Optima 240GB, which is down to $79.99 at Newegg without any strings attached. This isn't the most exotic drive around, but it's a huge upgrade over mechanical storage. There's really no excuse for not running an SSD these days.
- Intel's Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition is our favorite budget processor. The Haswell duallie has an unlocked multiplier for easy overclocking, and ours made it to 4.8GHz without too much trouble. TigerDirect has the chip discounted to $59.99 right now, which is a nice deal for budget-minded folks who aren't shy about doing their own clock boosting.
- Corsair's Obsidian Series 450D mid-tower earned a TR Recommended award last year for its combination of good looks, sensible features, and strong performance. So, I'm happy to report that the case is on sale at Newegg for only $89.99 after a $20 mail-in rebate. For a limited time, the case is also bundled with a Samsung DVD burner worth $20 on its own.
- Last, but not least, check out the Humble Bundle Store's ongoing Spring Sale. There are loads of great deals on a wide variety of games, including indie titles, older releases, and even a few blockbusters.
Those are the deals that caught my eye this morning. Be sure to share any good discounts you find in the comments below.