E-tailers are revving their promotional engines for the Memorial Day weekend, and that's produced some sweet deals on PC hardware.
- Craving a jumbo monitor based on non-TN panel tech? Newegg has the 27" Acer K272HUL bmiidp from our peripheral guide for only $299.99 after promo code EMCASNN44. The display uses an AHVA panel with a 2560x1440 resolution, and it's loaded with digital inputs. The user reviews are very positive, too.
- Among the loads of cheap memory kits available right now, this one stands out. Mushkin's Enhanced Stealth DDR3-1600 2 x 4GB duo combines standard-height heat spreaders and tight 9-9-9-24 timings with a lower-than-stock 1.35V. It's selling for just $47.99, which is a few bucks less than comparable kits from other big-name vendors.
- A couple of Radeon R9 290X graphics cards are discounted at Newegg right now. This Asus variant and this XFX unit are both on sale for $269.99 after $30 mail-in rebates. Both come with custom, dual-fan coolers in addition to free copies of DiRT Rally. The clock speeds are the same, as far as I can tell, and the user reviews are positive. Flip a coin.
- Dealzon tipped me off to a couple of sweet gaming discounts. Just a few days after its release, The Witcher 3 is only $39 at Green Man Gaming with coupon code DEALZO-N35OFF-WITCHE—$21 off the official asking price. Battlefield Hardline isn't quite as fresh, but it's down to $30 at DL Gamer.
And now, the solid-state lightning round:
- This week's cost-per-gig leader, Crucial's M500 960GB, is $289.99 at TigerDirect.
- The skull-adorned, datacenter-derived Intel 730 Series is on sale at Newegg: $104.99 for 240GB and $199.99 for 480GB.
- Adorama has Samsung's 850 EVO 250GB for just $97.99 after an instant rebate with no mail-in nonsense.
So, what'd I miss this week? Add any good deals you find in the comments below.