I've got nothing for this week's intro, so let's get straight to the deals:
- We like Asus' ZenBook UX305 a lot. The 13.3" ultraportable has a beautiful 1080p IPS display, a fast Core M processor, and a great base spec that includes 8GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD. Right now, the entry-level model is $100 off at the Microsoft Store, bringing the asking price down to just $599 with promo code PCGRAD15. That price applies to the Signature Edition (click the "PC only" button on the product page), which is free of unecessary software bloat—bonus!
- OCZ's ARC 100 240GB is one of the fastest budget SSDs around, and thanks to TigerDirect, it's also one of the cheapest. The e-tailer has discounted the drive to just $69.99 after a $20 mail-in rebate. That works out to just $0.29/GB, which is a heck of a deal for an SSD this size.
- As far as deals are concerned, SSDs and DRAM have been the hottest categories for months. So, it's only fitting that Newegg has put together a couple of combos that marry the two. Samsung's 850 EVO 250GB is bundled with a 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3-1600 module for only $104.99, while the 500GB EVO is paired with an 8GB Ripjaws DIMM for just $184.99. Those prices are pretty appealing without the DRAM, making the combos especially enticing.
- This week's entry in the affordable IPS monitor sweepstakes is Asus' 24" VN248H-P, which is down to $129.99 at Newegg after promo code EMCASNT23 and a $20 mail-in rebate. The 1080p display has reasonably narrow bezels, multiple HDMI inputs, and generally positive user reviews. Looks like a good option for anyone shopping for a cheap 'n cheerful display.
- Green Man Gaming has a nice selection of deals in its VIP room. You have to register for an account to gain access, but once you do, you'll be able to snag Project Cars for $33.99 and The Witcher 3 for $37.99. Those titles are about as fresh as they get, and a few slightly older ones—Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, and The Crew—are available for $24.99 each. Pretty sweet.
Those are the discounts that caught my eye this morning, but surely I've missed a few deals. What have you spotted?