Deal of the week: the 850 EVO 250GB and Far Cry 4 for $98, 27 inches of IPS glory for $300
Looking for some discounted PC hardware to tide you over until the next batch of daily deals from the Steam Summer Sale? I thought you'd never ask...
- Acer's K272HULbmiidp doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but maybe it should be on everyone's lips. This 27" IPS monitor delivers a 2560x1440 resolution, respectable specs, and a full complement of digital inputs for only $299.99 at Newegg with promo code EMCATKK35. The stand is fairly basic, and the refresh rate is fixed, but this still looks like a very nice display for the money.
- Want IPS goodness in a smaller package? Newegg is also selling Dell's P2214H for $149.99 after promo code EMCATKN26. This unit has a smaller 21.5" panel with a lower 1080p resolution, but you still get multiple inputs, an integrated USB hub, and an adjustable stand.
- I've been using Corsair's Vengeance Pro 2 x 8GB DDR3-2400 memory in test rigs for a while now, and the modules have been rock solid. Now, they're on sale at Newegg for just $99.99 with promo code EMCATKN38, which is cheaper than the asking price for loads of slower DDR3-1600 kits. The DIMMs need 1.65V and relatively loose 11-13-13-31 timings to hit top speed, but that's common for amped-up modules. Mind the taller heat spreaders, though.
- Despite its age, Crucial's M500 960GB remains one of the most appealing SSDs around. The jumbo SATA drive is only $309.99 at TigerDirect, making it notably cheaper than all the other terabyte-class drives on the market right now. The closest competition is Mushkin Enhanced's Reactor 1TB, which offers slightly more storage for $339.99 at Newegg.
- Last, but not least, our exclusive Adorama combo is still available for a couple more days. For just $97.99 with promo code TECHRDEALS, you can snag Samsung's 850 EVO 250GB SSD along with a free copy of Far Cry 4. That's a heck of a deal considering other retailers are charging the same price for the SSD on its own. Act quickly, though. The promo expires Sunday.
Those are the deals that popped up on my radar this morning. What did you find?