Happy Friday, gerbils. It's time to sift through the mountain of deals and discounts from this week to find the very best. Here's what we came up with:
- MSI's GS70 Stealth is an impressive-looking 17.3" gaming notebook with an Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU and a 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M graphics card inside. The 1080p display resolution is a tad low for a screen this large, but the 16GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive, combined with a 128GB SSD, make up for it. The RGB LED keyboard is nifty, too. Tiger Direct is blowing out the red version of this laptop for $1,499, which is $300 less than Amazon or Newegg's pricing at the moment.
- Newegg has an MSI deal of its own in the form of the Z97 Gaming 5 ATX motherboard. This slightly stripped-down version of the MSI Z97 Gaming 7 that Geoff reviewed a while back looks to offer a nice foundation for an enthusiast PC. The Realtek ALC1150-based onboard audio should sound great, based on my experience, and Geoff praised MSI's firmware fan control features in his review. Newegg is knocking $25 off the Gaming 5's price with promo code EMCATNS63, for an out-the-door total of $125.
- Need a basic 24" monitor? Tiger Direct has Dell's U2412M on sale for a mere $240. For that price, you get an IPS panel with a 1920x1200 resolution, a fully-adjustable stand with tilt, swivel, height, and orientation adjustments, and a built-in USB hub.
- Want a premium SSD at a bargain price? Newegg has Intel's 535 Series 480GB SSD for $180. This drive features hardware-accelerated encryption, and Intel quotes sequential read and write figures of up to 540MB/s and 490MB/s, respectively. Random reads and writes clock in at 48K IOPS and 80K IOPS.
- Last but not least, Newegg has two ECS mini-barebones kits on sale. The ECS Liva features a Bay Trail-M Celeron N2807 CPU, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of eMMC storage for just $80. The Liva X appears to add a Celeron N2808 CPU, another USB 2.0 port, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi alongside the same RAM and storage specs for $128.
That's all we found this week. If you find a bargain that we missed, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.