It's Friday, Friday, time for another round of deals on Friday. Unlike a certain topical song, these deals are the cream of the crop. Here are the best discounts we could find this week.
- Newegg has EVGA's GeForce GTX 980 FTW graphics card for $459.99. That's the cheapest GTX 980 on the market right now, as far as we can tell. Despite the fancy name, this card has stock 1126MHz base and 1216MHz boost clocks, but there's probably some overclocking potential in there for those willing to tweak, thanks to EVGA's beefy aftermarket cooler. The company is also offering a $10 rebate for those willing to chance it.
- Not a fan of the green team? Newegg also has XFX's Radeon R9 290X Double Dissipation graphics card for $279.99. That's a killer price for a card of this caliber, and XFX is sweetening the deal with a $30 rebate offer.
- Newegg also has Crucial's BX100 1TB SSD for $318.99 with promo code EMCAXKA74. That's the lowest price we've seen for this drive so far, and it doesn't hurt that the BX100 is a great performer.
- Skylake is here, but Asus' Z97-A motherboard is just $129.99 at Newegg if a Haswell or Broadwell CPU is on your shopping list. This board has long been a staple of our System Guides, and it garnered an Editor's Choice award when we reviewed it.
- Finally, Adorama has an interesting combo deal if you're looking to upgrade your PC's audio setup. This bundle includes a pair of Mackie's CR3 studio monitors and Audio-Technica's ATH-M40X headphones for $134.99. Our resident audio geek, Bruno Ferreira, has looked these over and says they should be way better than the average computer speakers. The monitors and headphones each cost about $100 on their own, so the savings here are substantial. Adorama is also offering a $20 rebate on the package, which could reduce the price even more.
That's it for this week—be sure to share any worthy deals we may have missed with other TR readers in the comments.