The TR Podcast live stream returns this evening

We're putting The TR Podcast band back together tonight. Join us this evening on Twitch at 9:30 PM ET/6:30 PM PT as we discuss the latest developments in the PC hardware and technology world, along with our most recent reviews and feature articles.

We'll also be answering listener questions, so email your queries to me, post in the comments below, or hang out in the Twitch chat. See you all soon.

• chuckula

Don’t make me feel like Fry’s dog.
    I ALWAYS cry when I think about Fry’s dog.

• Dizzytaz00

Did someone forget what time it is?

• chuckula

It’s 21:45 Eastern.
    The enemy is on the move!
    The TR cavalry needs to arrive!

• The Egg

I’d like to see/hear discussion on: Low-end GPUs

– With greatly improved integrated graphics, do low-end discreet cards have any place in the market?

– Are chipmakers doing consumers and PC gaming a disservice by selling low-end chips, knowing full-well that most every purchase will result in disappointment and aversion?

– Should there be some sort of standardized performance metrics listed on GPU packaging for better product disclosure (a la the table at the beginning of TR’s GPU articles)??

• the

Gonna miss tonight’s show live due to travel. I’m literally on a plane right now in Detroit.

A few quick questions though:
    Did Damage get Google Fiber?

Who on the TR staff has an iPhone 6s?

What is going on with AMD? Layoffs, a failed financial backer, and rumors of product delays make things look very very bleak.

Any update on the R9 Fury Nano review?

• chuckula

[quote<] I'm literally on a plane right now in Detroit.[/quote<] I feel uptight on a Thursday night Nine-thiry o' clock, the podcast's the only light I hear my review and it pulls me through Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do I got to Get up Everybody's gonna move their feet Get down Everybody's gonna leave their seat You gotta lose your mind in Detroit Rock City

• Dizzytaz00

Your humor confuses me !!

• chuckula

Allow me to edjimukate you: [url<]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6McAkJXVPc[/url<]

• terminalrecluse

Last bit from me:

Wherever possible, please have Kanter on as his insights bring a lot to the show.

• dragosmp

Question about the Apple A9 SOC – what’s your opinion on the challenges involved in double sourcing the chip to TSMC and Samsung? Should we expect very similar performance (/watt) from the two chips?

Related question, any idea why GloFo can’t manage to launch their Samsung-licensed 14nm finfet? With Apple and Samsung gobbling Samsung’s foundry capacity it seems it would be a market for GloFo’s 14nm (not only AMD). It occurs to me the Dresden factories haven’t put out a decent process on time and all since the 90nm which was even superior to Intel’s.

[quote<] We're putting The TR Podcast band back together[/quote<] [url<]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzOHq5WbQ8k[/url<]

• terminalrecluse

Comments on a life without AMD?
    – stock price down to sub 2 bucks.
    – Silverlake partners looking to buy up 25%.

• Milo Burke

Question for the smart people:

Do we know anything about Willow Trail and the goodness it might be packing? And when it might arrive?

• chuckula

Wow, that’s a pretty obscure question.

Mad props on having the niche interest of upcoming Atom platform codenames.

Maybe the TR guys know more, but I’ve only seen that code-word tossed around in conjunction with a rather remote roadmap for a “tock” in the Atom line that’s still 14nm but uses a new “Goldmont” CPU core and presumably has some beefed up graphics (maybe a cut-down Skylake) too.

• Milo Burke

I don’t see it as horribly obscure. With my Bay Trail laptop with 2 GB of RAM, I see that it is perfectly sufficient for minimum computing on Windows. But … an upgrade would be even better.

If memory serves, Bay Trail got a lot of publicity, and then a lot of design wins. And Cherry Trail got the same high publicity, but very few SKUs, and very few design wins.

So … I want to know what’s next for the bare minimum of computing.

That and my company expected my Bay Trail laptop to serve about two years, and we’re coming up on year one already. =]

• terminalrecluse

Did Damage get a new Ipad Mini 4?

• nanoflower

Yes, he did according to his tweet.