Deals of the week: Crucial’s MX200 500GB SSD and more

Happy Friday, gerbils. Pickings were slim for deals this week, but we've still found a couple bargains worthy of your hard-earned dollars today.

• Newegg has Crucial's MX200 500GB SSD on "Shell Shocker" sale for $159.99. This fully-featured SSD is one of the best performers in its class, and Newegg's sale price brings the cost-per-gigabyte figure to 32 cents.

• TigerDirect keeps digging up stock of Crucial's M500 960GB SSD for a good price. The retailer has this drive on sale for $299.99, and a $30 rebate offer could bring the price down to a mere $269.99. The M500 is getting a little up there in years, but for bulk solid-state storage, it's hard to beat for this price, especially if the rebate offer is honored.

• Newegg also has Samsung's 850 EVO 250GB SSD for $79.99 with promo code AFSAMSSD928B. For those with small game libraries or less demanding storage needs, this SSD should serve well as a zippy system drive.

That's it for this week—if we missed anything in our search for bargains, be sure to share your findings with other TR readers in the comments.

• MarkG509

Amazon is matching Newegg’s MX200 deal.

Edit: Bought one. One my machines is getting a little cramped.

• Tumbleweed

I checked and it was $10 more than at Newegg. And for me, I’d have to add sales tax, so Newegg won out, and I bought one, too. w00t!

• travbrad

I bought one earlier this year (for $200) otherwise I definitely would have jumped on this deal. The Acronis cloning software it comes with worked perfectly too (upgrading from my old 128GB Crucial M4).

I honestly can’t tell any difference speed wise even though the MX200 scores much better in benchmarks, but I was buying it for capacity not performance.

• anotherengineer

All SSD deals.

pfff

here

[url<]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/10259432/For-sale-4100-ton-Nasa-Shuttle-launch-platforms-buyer-must-collect.html[/url<] perfect thing for my next pet project, building this [url<]http://www.bebrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/LegoStarWarsUCS.jpg[/url<]

• not@home

My grandpa helped build those launch platforms.

• anotherengineer

Cool stuff.

Big engineering projects like that in North America are becoming or are a thing of the past. I don’t think I will ever see or be able to work on something that big or cool in my foreseeable career (in this country anyway)

• DPete27

This always bugs me. You know, previous newegg deal newsletters like [url=http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Oct-0-2015/TechiesDay_01/A/index-landing.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL100115A&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL100115A-_-EMC-100115-Index-_-E0E-_-ShopIt&et_cid=21659&et_rid=215366&et_p1=&email64=ZGVyZWtqcDJAZ21haWwuY29t<]this one[/url<] and [url=http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Sep-0-2015/FallintoSavings_29/index-landing.html?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL092915&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL092915-_-EMC-092915-Index-_-E0-_-PromoWord&et_cid=21604&et_rid=215366&et_p1=&email64=ZGVyZWtqcDJAZ21haWwuY29t<]this one[/url<] are still valid through the weekend. You can include more than just the deals in the Friday morning newsletters. [No offense Jeff, they were doing this even before you started]

• Jeff Kampman

None taken. We do consider those, but the standard that stuff has to meet to be a post-worthy deal is pretty high—historical trends and current pricing from other retailers all plays a part. I wasn’t too impressed by any of the stuff in those, hence the rather thin post this week đŸ™‚

• DPete27

I would have to agree for this week. I didn’t see anything that really caught me eye either. Save for that [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127844<]GTX 960 for $160 after MIR[/url<] I've been watching GTX 960 prices for a co-worker and that MSI card is usually the lowest price option.

• terminalrecluse

All of my VMs run on SSDs as do most of my servers. I’ve been buying up SSD storage for a while now and have been on the lookout for these kinds of posts.

• Prestige Worldwide

Those are some FIRST rate SSD deals.

• SomeOtherGeek

Yes and even the SECOND best are still good.