Happy Friday, gerbils. After a busy couple weeks of holidays and trade shows, we're back with a hot, fresh serving of deals for your perusal.
- Asus' Strix GeForce GTX 980 Ti is $617.49 on Newegg with promo code EMCEFFJ84. This card comes with 1000MHz base and 1075MHz boost clocks, so it shouldn't be confused with the hot-clocked OC Edition we reviewed in our round-up of GeForce GTX 980 Ti cards. Still, Asus' triple-fan cooler is a winner, and it's possible that clock speed gap could be closed with some judicious overclocking. To sweeten the deal further, Asus is offering $20 more off that discounted price with a mail-in rebate.
- G.Skill's Trident Z DDR4-3200 16GB RAM kit is $99.99 on Newegg today. We recently tried out a similar Trident Z DDR4-3000 kit in our latest build log, and we were impressed with the style and premium feel of these DIMMs. That $99.99 price tag puts this kit among the cheaper 16GB DDR4-3200 CL16 kits on Newegg, too.
- Newegg also has G.Skill's Ripjaws 8GB DDR3-1600 kit on sale for $29.99. This kit operates with 9-9-9-24 timings and 1.5V of juice, so we see nothing to complain about if you just want to add more RAM to your system.
- Fractal Design's Define R4 ATX mid-tower is $69.99 at Newegg right now. Even though the newer R5 has taken its place at the peak of the Define lineup, the R4 is still a universally-loved case that should make any builder happy. That price puts the R4 in entry-level case territory.
- Samsung's Portable SSD T1 1TB external SSD is $379.99 at Newegg. That price is about as cheap as this speedy portable SSD has ever been. If you need to take a big hunk of solid-state storage on the go and don't mind a hit on random I/O performance, the T1 could be just the ticket.
That's it for this week. If we missed a good deal somewhere, be sure to share your findings with other TR readers in the comments.