Asus offers its minimalist ROG Sica mouse in white

Anyone that was turned off by the black-and-red color scheme of Asus' ROG Sica gaming mouse now has a new option to consider. The company has released a version of the Sica that comes in white. This version maintains the minimalist approach that caught our eye on the original Sica.

If you're not already familiar, the Sica is an ambidextrous mouse that offers users just two buttons and a mouse wheel. The mouse ships with Omron switches that can swapped out if you prefer the feel and response of a different switch, or if you somehow manage to run over the switches' rated 20-million-click lifespan. The Sica's sides are rubberized to ensure a sure grip, while the mouse's Teflon feet minimize friction.

To ensure precise tracking, the Sica mouse houses a 5000 DPI optical sensor capable of tracking speeds upwards of 130 inches per second and accelerations up to 30 gs. Asus hasn't indicated pricing and availability, but the black version of the ROG Sica sells for $60.

• Krogoth

Looks like the Unicorn Gundam in Destroy Mode.

• Kretschmer

A two-button mouse for $60! Just what I need in 2016!

• ronch

[quote<]the switches' rated 20-million-click lifespan[/quote<] My fingers are only rated for 5 million mouse clicks before they fall off. Can I get a mouse rated for 5 million clicks for 1/4 the price instead?

• spiritwalker2222

My Logitech G500 needs it’s left Omron button replaced. It was suffering from the double click problem. I tried to fix it, and got ride of the double click problem. Unfortunately it wont single click now.

Ordered a new switch, I’ll get someone who’s handy with a soldering iron to change out the switch for me.

Picked up the Logitech G402 for the interim. It’s OK, but I prefer the weight and feel of the G500.

• ImSpartacus

I almost got a g500s during the $24 sale, but I keep having that exact issue with all of my Logitech mice. I grabbed a $12 xornet storm and a $44 deathadder chroma and haven’t looked back. Neither has failed me yet.

• LoneWolf15

For $24, still worth it. I’d buy several at that price.

• LoneWolf15

They have 3 year warranties. I loves my G500; it’s been replaced once when the first one’s left button wore out. Fits my bear paws nicely, and the de-clutchable scroll wheel is the cat’s pajamas.

• Neutronbeam

No DPI adjustment (or even weights or cool blinky multi-colored lights)? IMHO too much cost for too little functionality/features–that’s a $15 mouse right there, tops.

• jessterman21

You know very well that ROG logo costs a cool $40 to etch into the plastic…

Yep. Roccat and Logitech offer equivalent gaming models on Newegg for under $20, Steelseries, MSI, Corsiar and Coolermaster all offer stuff under $30.

$60 is 3x the price it should be, and the competition at 1/3rd the price looks better made, looks like a better shape, and even looks more desirable. This does indeed look like a $15 budget mouse.

• PBCrunch

Not to mention that Logitech’s warranty service and customer support beats the shit out of Asus.

• ronch

So, it comes in white.

Newsworthy, eh?

• ImSpartacus

Yeah, wtf?

They miss very newsworthy stuff like the new gpu game bundles, but we’re reminded that mice come in pretty colors. Really?

• Neutronbeam

It IS newsworthy, since white is the new black…okay, I just confused myself there and still trying to figure out what I was saying.