Howgh! Sitting Metalhead has travelled the plains of online deals, and now he has brought you his hard-earned catch. Today's bounty has plenty of SSD deals, a cheap overclocked GeForce GTX 970, and a few assorted odds and ends.
- Mushkin's Enhanced Reactor 1TB SSD is a mere $230 at Newegg. According to the site's users, the drive has a good reputation, and heck, we're talking 23 cents a gigabyte here. If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is.
- If you don't want to invest over $200 on an SSD, fret not. Newegg has OCZ's Arc 100 480GB drive for $140, which ends up at 29 cents per gigabyte. As a second option, Newegg is offering Crucial's MX200 500GB for $135 with promo code ESCEGFN68, which boils down to 27 cents per gig. If you're wondering how good these drives are, our reviews are a good place to do that.
- Nvidia's GeForce GTX 970 is an excellent choice for a graphics card upgrade, and EVGA's "super-super clocked" GeForce GTX 970 is going for $310 at Newegg, bundled with a copy of The Division. I have one almost exactly like it in this very PC I'm typing on, except it's only "super-clocked" (the shame!). It's fast, extremely quiet, and I can't recommend it enough.
- A lot of people are upgrading to Skylake CPUs, these days and Newegg has a good deal on MSI's Z170-A Pro motherboard, which can be yours for a mere $80. That's an excellent deal for a mobo that normally goes for north of $100. If that's not enough to convince you, Newegg is throwing in a SteelSeries Kinzu v3 mouse for good measure.
- Fractal Design's Define R5 case may be the sweetheart of the moment, but the previous-generation Define R4 is still an excellent choice. Newegg has the windowed version of the Fractal Design Define R4 on sale for $70, almost putting it in "impulse buy" territory.
- Last but not least, any self-respecting geek has a UPS providing juice to his or her gaming rig. CyberPower's 1500VA CP1500PFCLCD is a pure-sine-wave 900W UPS with dedicated USB charging ports, and Newegg is offering it for $165.
That's all for today, folks! If you spotted any good deals that Sitting Metalhead missed, please post them in the comments below.