EVGA introduces its own low-power GeForce GTX 950s

EVGA is joining ASUS in offering low-power GeForce GTX 950 graphics cards that don't require a six-pin power connector. The four variants differ in their clock speeds and their inclusion or exclusion of an extra DVI-D output. All of these cards have DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, and Display Port 1.2 outputs. Of note for small-form-factor PC enthusiasts, the cards are half-length, full-height, dual-slot affairs that measure 6.8" long by 4.4" wide.

Product Part Number Base Clock (MHz) Boost Clock (MHz) DVI-D Output
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC 02G-P4-0958 1076 1253 Yes
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 02G-P4-0954 1025 1190 Yes
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 SC 02G-P4-0956 1076 1253 No
EVGA GeForce GTX 950 02G-P4-0952 1025 1190 No

The SC or "Superclocked" variants of these GTX 950s run at 1076MHz base and 1253MHz boost speeds, while the regular versions run at 1025MHz base and 1190MHz boost clocks. Hot-clocked or not, these GTX 950s are cooled by EVGA's ACX 2.0 single-fan heatsink. The cards' specs are otherwise standard GTX 950 fare. Each card is powered by a GM206 GPU with 768 CUDA cores paired with 2GB of GDDR5 operating at 6610MT/s. For more details, read our full review.

• ImSpartacus

I know everyone is probably bored by this news and the writer is effectively just regurgitating a script.

However, I’m thinking that this info tells about Nvidia’s 2016 Pascal lineup. I bet Nvidia put out a gm206 revision to allow these 75W 950s so they can compete with desktop Polaris 11.

These <75W desktop cards are important. It’s amazing how many people are a situation where they need a gpu without external connectors (oem machines, etc).

If Nvidia had a 16nm Pascal-based <75W-worthy chip for 2016, then I feel they wouldn’t need retrofit the 950 to serve that purpose.

The 950 already roughly matches Polaris 11 in performance, it’d a good temporary competitor if it can get under 75W (and it apparently can).

Ultimately, I bet Nvidia would rather use precious 16nm fab capacity for high margin hpc parts than commodity desktop gpus.

• torquer

Make that passive and I’d find a good home for it.

• south side sammy

THAT, and maybe even single slot design. I just put together a retro XP build that could benefit from something like this.

• torquer

• Raymond Page

I doubt there will ever be a passively cooled GTX 950 and I suspect that the only way to get a single slot solution is the unadvised DIY approach with transplanting fans or a water block: [url<]http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/single-slot-geforce-gtx-750-ti,3761.html[/url<] The GTX 750 ti had a full-length, single fan, single slot solution from GALAXY and ELSA, but neither materialized in the US to my knowledge.

• south side sammy

yeah, I thought about screwy stuff like that. I have enough “junk” here. The only single slot card I saw in recent memory that I thought was really sharp and really practical was when Linus did that 7 card machine. Those little Nano’s with the small water blocks on them where something to behold. I’m not asking for water, but these guys could come up with something if they tried.

• south side sammy

lets hope ALL the new cards coming out have the proper ports on them. way too many still stuck with yesterday’s hdmi/display port architecture.

• biffzinker

Shouldn’t that be DVI, and VGA? What’s wrong with Display Port or HDMI or are you wanting Mini-Display Port?

• south side sammy

what version of hdmi and what version of dp does it have? and still, look at some of the cards that are coming out now.
        when you go to look at “HD” TV’s, look at the connections. It’s the old stuff. Consumer has to be careful. The technology is changing quick and the manufacturers are using inferior parts that will do little or no good to ensure proper 21st century hook ups to use items to their full potential.

• biffzinker

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at earlier. I looked up the Geforce 950 at Geforce.com because I wasn’t sure which revision of Display Port the Geforce 900 series supports.
          It’s supports HDMI 2.0, and DisplayPort 1.2 although it could of been revision 1.3 IF Nvidia was willing to support Adapt Sync per the specification but since their pushing Gsync.