It's deals-of-the-week day, gerbils. Today we have a System-and-Peripherals-Guide themed list for you. If you were hedging on a new rig based on one of our System Guide recommendations, we have some price drops courtesy of Newegg to sweeten the deal:
- Starting from our recent Peripherals Guide, Newegg has Asus' MG278Q display up for $400. This 27" display has a 144-Hz, 2560x1440 panel with FreeSync support. Today's price tag represents a precipitous drop from the $570 it was selling for when we wrote our Guide, and it's the lowest price we've seen for this display.
- Mushkin's Reactor 1TB SSD is a popular showing for our Friday deals, and it's also the first item that just so happens to be in our System Guide. This drive has a good reputation as a value performer, and Newegg has pushed the price down to $206 till the end of the day with promo code ESCETGM63, making a sweet SSD even sweeter.
- While we're talking about System Guide staples, G.Skill’s Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4-2133 memory kit has dropped down to $90 with promo code PAXMEM10 on the Egg. This is a fantastic price on a kit we felt good about recommending at $120.
- We also gave a nod to the Zotac GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB graphics card in our most recent System Guide, and Newegg is helping out by offering it for $95, a $10 drop from the price featured in the Guide. This is the most budget-friendly graphics card we recommend, and it's good to see it get just a little more friendly.
- If you're looking for something a bit more extreme, Newegg has Intel's Core i7-5930K CPU for about $25 off today with promo code EMCETGM22. While $25 off of a $550 processor might not sound like a lot, savings on high-end processors like these are fairly rare. This CPU is an easy recommendation for a high-end system, and $25 buys a lot of cheeseburgers.
- Fractal Design’s Node 804 chassis is a compact, dual-chamber microATX enclosure that can take up to 8 3.5" drives. Newegg is offering it for $70 right now, which is the lowest price we have seen.
- If you're in the market for a new Windows Phone device, Microsoft is offering an unusual flagship-plus-one deal. Its 32GB, 5.7", Snapdragon 810-driven Lumia 950 XL comes with a free 32GB, 5.2", Snapdragon 808-driven Lumia 950 for free. At a total of $650 for two unlocked phones, this could make for a great whole-household mobile OS conversion kit.
That's all for this week, folks. If we missed a great deal somewhere else, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.