Nvidia 365.10 drivers are Game Ready for MOBAs and Forza Apex

Variations on MOBA games are everywhere these days. There's Blizzard's Overwatch, Epic's Paragon, and 2K's Battleborn. And, of course, there are new Nvidia graphics drivers geared up for all this multiplayer action. Please welcome Nvidia's WHQL-certified 365.10 driver release.

If it's not clear by now, Nvidia says the new release is "Game Ready" for the titles mentioned above. Our own Nathan "Jr. Damage" Wasson has given his preliminary seal of approval to Overwatch and Battleborn in particular. There's also good news for motorsport simulation fans: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex will enter open beta this Thursday, and the drivers also include optimizations for it. The game looks to be gorgeous, and Nvidia has helpfully published recommended system specifications for running it.

Nvidia says gamers will need at least a Core i3-4170 CPU and a GeForce GTX 470 graphics card to run Forza. For good performance at 1080p and a target of 60 FPS, Nvidia recommends a Core i7-3820 and a GeForce GTX 970. Finally, for those lucky enough to be running a 4K display, Nvidia says a Core i7-6700K and a GeForce GTX 980 Ti should be good enough to maintain 60 FPS at that resolution.

To get in on the action, Nvidia users can download the 365.10 drivers here for Windows 10, or for Windows 8, 7, and Vista using this link.

• vargis14

Looking forward to Forza Apex…my 4gb 770’s should be fine at 3440-1440 for 60fps I am hoping.
    50fps is about as low as I can stand so if I have to turn down some setting so be it since I am not upgrading my video cards until AMD’s 14nm and Nvidia’s 16nm cards are released. I’ll probably stay with Nvidia but you never know what will give you the best bang for your buck….hoping to know for sure by july or august.
    I am hoping I have enough to build another whole system so I have 2 competent gaming systems for co-op play with friends and family.

• Noinoi

[quote<]Nvidia says gamers will need at least a Core i3-4170 CPU and a GeForce [B]GTX 470[/B] graphics card to run Forza.[/quote<] Isn't that supposed to be a GT 740? At least if the driver release article as of now and the game's own [url=http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_apex_beta_announce<]beta announcement[/url<] is of any indication. (Come to think about it, how fast is a 470 compared to a 740...)

• Flapdrol

If they get the fermi dx12 driver out the door I guess a 470 should do fine, probably faster than a 740.

• rUmX

Well according to TPU DB, the Kepler based [url=https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/1987/geforce-gt-740<]Geforce GT 740[/url<] and the [url=https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/894/geforce-gtx-650<]GTX 650[/url<] are exactly the same, save for the GT 740 which is offered with either [url=http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-740/specifications<]DDR3 (eww) or GDDR5[/url<]. The GTX 650 though is clocked just a little bit higher -- [url=http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications<]1058 MHz[/url<] vs [url=http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-740/specifications<]993 MHz[/url<]. Finally, according to AnandTech Bench, [url=http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/681?vs=519<]GTX 650 vs the GTX 470[/url<], the 470 is still quite a bit faster, anywhere from 25% to 45% (just eye-balling it here). Looking at the minimum requirements however, the Radeon 250X (a rebadged 7770 GHz) is [url=http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1126?vs=1125<]quite faster[/url<].

• slowriot

Overwatch isn’t a MOBA. The game modes are very traditional i.e. capture the point or escort the cart. The variety in heroes is unique. I think what a lot of people who haven’t paid attention to OW are missing is that its the best “feeling” FPS since the classic Unreal and Quake days. Not all the heroes are super quick, rocket jumpers mind you.. but there are a couple and then there are a lot of other very unique takes. I feel confident in saying any multiplayer FPS fan can find a hero or 3 they really enjoy.

Open beta starts May 5. I highly recommend at least giving it a shot.

• hansmuff

Open beta information here:
      [url<]http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20100169/#red[/url<] I'm super excited to start playing. I love TF2 and played that for many years, OW looks like a refined and very focused version of it, with more focus on competitive gaming which is a bonus even for folks who will never play competitively. When one looks at games like Starcraft 2, also a competition game, and how many changes that game has received over the years in direct response to competition needs, it's mind blowing. Looking forward to seeing what Blizzard does with this title.

• Krogoth

It is a Team Fortress 2 wannabe with a “Modern Sci-FI a.k.a Halo/Mass Effect” feel instead of a 1950-60s “Super SCIENCE! + Comic Series” feel.

It has missed the boat by five years. Besides, Monday Night Combat did it first.

• slowriot

You clearly haven’t played. I’m reminded of the Starcraft 2 thread where you tried to talk strategies and embarrassed yourself because you love talking about stuff you don’t have the first clue on.

• Krogoth

Annoyed blizzard-fan that continues to live in the past detected.

It is because investors at Blizzard-Activision want to get on with the current FPS-MOBA action fad. Copy and paste what is popular out there, ???? and profit!

Blizzard hasn’t been made a relevant title since Starcraft 2: WOL. They are just riding on their previous IPs now. Diablo 3 was a disaster at launch. It took almost two years to recover from that fiasco. Starcraft 2 is living on third-party mods. The vanilla game is meh at best and is losing badly to DOTA2 and LOL as far as online stats are concerned. WoW has become the “Titanic” sinking in a slow, but painful demise.

• rUmX

If it’s anything like Unreal Tournament GOTY I’m in!

I miss the old days of CTF “Instagib” 😉

• torquer

Lets hope they are more “game ready” than the drivers they released for The Division’s launch. Ugh.

The Division hasn’t launched yet, has it?

I mean, there was the day it went officially on sale for money, but it can’t possibly be [i<]ready enough[/i<] to launch yet, can it?

• morphine

*Badum-tssssh*

He’ll be here all week folks. Try the veal!

• torquer

Haha, awesome

Not really, I received a free copy with a new GTX970 and after:

1. Fixing an issue where it would launch minimized, because Skype was running
          2. Fixing a black screen on launch (it couldn’t detect the screen resolution properly)
          3. Lowering my W10 sound quality to 16-bit, 48K in windows to avoid stuttering sound
          4. Getting stuck in Brooklyn after the first mission, wandering around bored because of a bug

I decided it was either too buggy to bother with yet, or just a bad game.

• travbrad

I just stick with old drivers from months ago unless something breaks, since it seems like new drivers from Nvidia/AMD are more likely to screw something up than actually make a noticeable performance difference (unless you run CF/SLI).

I’ve been playing a lot of Dark Souls III lately, and they released drivers specifically for it, but amazingly my drivers from 5-6 months ago run the game perfectly fine. I guess they are “game ready” too. 😉

• Terra_Nocuus

I got bit by that multi-monitor bug, and had to roll back to the 362 release. Most games I played were fine with the older drivers [i<]except[/i<] the Division. Every time I tried playing it, I'd get random crashes within 5-10 minutes of launch. Basically ignored it until another driver release came out, and since then it's been fine. Well... it hasn't crashed anyway. The game has other issues.