It’s Friday, and y'all know what that means. That’s right, it’s time for another weekly dose of hardware deals. For some reason, we have a couple of really good deals on top-end graphics cards from the Nvidia camp today. We can’t imagine why that would be. Take a look.
- Zotac’s GeForce GTX 980 Ti is $540 at Newegg today, no promo code needed. This card is currently the cheapest retail GTX 980 Ti, and a fantastic price for the enthusiast board, at least right at the moment.
- MSI’s GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G LE is $560 at Newegg if you're in the mood for a more premium GTX 980 Ti. This is the big brother of our favorite GTX 970, the GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G, which we recommend in our System Guide. This deal recommendation comes with the caveat that we're still not sure what Nvidia is planning for its announcement tonight.
- MSI’s Z170A SLI motherboard is down to $100 on the 'Egg today, if you need a shiny new Z170 motherboard to drop a couple of discounted GTX 980 Tis in. This is a great price for a full-featured Z170 motherboard from a trusted brand. The board’s features include a full host of PCIe slots, a USB 3.1 Type-C port, and an Intel NIC. The fact that this board isn't too flashy might sit well with some gerbils, too. MSI will even sweeten the deal with a $10 mail-in rebate.
- The Acer Predator XB321HK Gaming monitor is $1100 on Newegg today—a major price drop for this 32” 4K IPS display. The Predator also supports G-Sync, in case you just ordered one or two of the GTX 980 Tis mentioned above.
- No deals-of-the-week post would seem complete these days without a solid-state storage deal. The SanDisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD is $180 at Newegg right now, with promo code ESCEJEJ34. This is a decent price for a high-end SSD, with one big bonus: SanDisk offers a fantastic 10-year warranty on the unit.
- Our last deal for this week is on a Seagate 3TB 3.5" SATA HDD, which Newegg has for $75 after promo code ESCEJEJ27 until the end of the day. We hope that Seagate has fixed the reliability concerns on these drives by now.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's all for this week, folks. If we missed a great deal somewhere, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.