Dual-chambered Lian Li PC-O9 is a big, beautiful case

Taiwanese computer chassis manufacturer Lian Li might offer one of the widest variety of cases on the market. From ITX cases that hold eleven drives to motorized standing desk computer cases, Lian Li probably has you covered. Last year at Computex, the company showed off the PC-O8, a large, dual-chamber design with tempered glass side panels. This year, Lian Li is revising the design with a little less glass and a little more color to make the PC-O9.

The new chassis is again a massive (19" x 18" x 14" HxDxW) dual-chamber design, half of which is enclosed by aluminum and half by tempered glass. Like its predecessor, it includes a 360-mm radiator mount on the roof of the motherboard chamber. Five 120-mm fans with dust filters are included, or you can remove three of them to fit a second 360-mm radiator on either side of the center partition. In fact, Lian Li says this is its best chassis for water cooling. A removable plate is included for pump mounting, and the secondary chamber should be  large enough to accomodate most reservoirs and tubing. That chamber also comes with mounts for six 3.5" drives and a pair of 2.5" drives. Rubber grommets to dampen drive vibration are included, too.

ATX motherboards, video cards up to 420 mm long, and CPU coolers up to 160 mm tall will fit neatly in this box. Eight expansion slots are included too, in case you want to engage in some quad-GPU tomfoolery. Naturally, as with any high-quality gear, an RGB lighting kit and controller are included. Lian Li says the pictured PC-O9WRX will be available in mid-June. If you hate the red accents, a blacked-out version will be available as the PC-O9WX, too. Either version will carry a $439 suggested price.

• Srsly_Bro

This is insane. I like both of my Lian Li cases and have few negatives to say about them. I don’t see the purpose of this case.

• gbcrush

I took a pass on this based on the promo video.

Really Lian Li?
    – 70’s style shaky cam with zoom and tilt and un-zoom and tilt-some-more is supposed to sell me on the case?
    – Oh, and a marketing script that uses $5.00 words incorrectly, or simply because they “sound good”?
    – Plus you talk about how pretty it is, and the cabling up front (when you can see it past all the sh–y camera movement) is a minimal but sloppy, and the stuff in the back is a fouled up mess.

…that’s a big NO. I’m not going to overpay for that bit of shiny if you can’t even shoot a video like it’s worth more than $20 dollars.

[b<]EDIT:[/b<] Here's the promo video on youtube: [url<]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZhQ0_hcacw[/url<] Check out the comments. They're so right. Looks like "conjoined twins" is not going to sell me on the case unless I were trying to do some sort of halloween mod. Seriously LL, get your act together.

• tsk

Lian Li seriously don’t know how to do marketing.

• tay

That music is amazing. ahahahahaha

• JosiahBradley

Looks like a more sophisticated Air 540. I am so down.

• DarkUltra

This thing is gaudy! Get a Corsair Carbide Air 540 instead and you get much better cooling options. I have one triple and one double radiator, and a combined water reservoir and pump in the double 5,2″ drive bays.

I love it

[url<]http://jooh.no/web/Gaara_i7_5960X_GTX_980_Ti_Carbide_Air_540.jpg[/url<] [url<]http://jooh.no/web/Gaara_i7_5960X_GTX_980_Ti_Carbide_Air_540_2.jpg[/url<]

• Paine

I tried Lian Li once, never again. Rosewill will never be as pretty, but they work as good or better, for less than half the cost.

• Anovoca

I love how there are giant fingerprint marks on the top left of the glass in a press release photo. HAHAHA Woops!

I guess you will know what to expect if you buy one of these.

• chuckula

I would expect to be buying some Windex.

• Anovoca

For $439 a case they should throw in a window washing service

• RAGEPRO

Now if only I had $440 to spend on a case.

• tay

[quote<]Now if only I had $440 to [s<]spend[/s<] [i<]waste[/i<] on a case.[/quote<]