EK Xres 100 pump and reservoir combo is ready for Mini-ITX PCs

The Slovenian liquid cooling company EK Waterblocks has announced a new pump and reservoir combo today in its Xres series: the EK-Xres 100 SPC-60 MX PWM. The EK-SPC 60 pump in this combo is a PWM variable-speed unit with a maximum flow rate of 450 liters per hour. The compact reservoir comes attached to the pump and holds 125mL of coolant. All told, this unit should offer a compact, simple design for builders who are just getting into liquid cooling, or who want a simple, compact pump and reservoir for a Mini-ITX build.

The pump and reservoir that make up the combo were previously available in EK's EKWB Slim Series kits, which included a radiator, fans, and a CPU block. With the new combo, buyers can fit the pump-reservoir combo with their choice of radiators and CPU blocks. This combo is already listed on EKWB’s storefront for $85.

• Convert

I’ve always wanted to do water cooling, but the cost just doesn’t make sense. Putting together some decent custom setups run closer to the $500 range… Of course that’s trying not to buy the lowest end components for it.

• psuedonymous

If you have room for something this big in your PC, it’s not SFF.

Use a T-connector at the top of your loop to fill & bleed, then remove the T-line and cap off the connector. The only function a reservoir performs is to make filling and bleeding easier. Once that is complete, it merely takes up space (aesthetics notwithstanding).

• bhtooefr

There’s always what some people do with the NCASE M1, which is mount the reservoir EXTERNALLY on the back of the case…

• Rageypoo

Love tiny computers, love extreme cooling, but even I can see this is gimmicky.

If you’re short on space and hell-bent on water cooling, why the frack would you not just buy an AIO liquid cooler?

Trying to leak-test and tighten fittings, for a more complex 3 part, 6-fittings loop just seems like an expensive exercise in pointless masochism….

• Redocbew

Yeah it is. If the CPU is the only thing you’ll be watercooling, then an AIO cooler is hard to beat. If you want the GPU in the loop also, then things are going to get a bit more complicated.

• bhtooefr

There’s always expandable AIOs, too, which seem like they’d be a better match for a lot of Mini-ITX cases. (I considered going that route on my build, then decided it wasn’t worth it as I wasn’t overclocking, and just built with air cooling instead.)

• TheBulletMagnet

That’s always struck me as funny. If I have a choice between picking between watercooling the cpu or the gpu I would go with the gpu. GPU puts out more heat and the blower is typically louder.

• bjm

And pass on the opportunity to look down on all those newbie AIO users? And no longer be able to say “I have a custom loop. I am a PC user from the streets, son!”

Never!

• madmanmarz

Because it gives you more options. Maybe you have space in certain spaces within your case but not others and an AIO cooler may or may not work. Plus custom loops work better and they are not all that difficult to design.

• DragonDaddyBear

I see a lot of cases that support big radiators but there isn’t much of a spot for a pump or resivoir.