Happy Friday gerbils, and welcome to another Friday deals-of-the-week post. We're hot off another Nvidia launch today, although you might have to fight to find a GeForce GTX 1070 you can actually buy. So how about some deals with a bit more stock behind them? Take a look.
- I know, I know. Everyone is excited about graphics cards today. But you can’t run a GPU without a CPU, so how about some enthusiast processor deals? Newegg is offering two of Intel’s top-end Skylake CPUs at a decent discount today. The quad-core, eight-thread Core i7-6700K is on sale for $314.99, while the four-core, four-thread Core i5-6600K is on sale for $219.99. Both processors are members of Intel's Skylake family, and both have unlocked multipliers for easy overclocking.
- If you're tempted by one of the Skylake processors above, you’ll need a Z170 motherboard to overclock it. Lucky for you, we’ve got just the thing. Newegg has MSI’s Z170-A PRO for just $79.99 right now. We were happy to recommend this board at $115 in our most recent System Guide. This mobo has the all the basics we'd want from a Z170 board, including USB 3.1 and an M.2 slot. It doesn't have a lot of frills, and it lacks SLI support, but it's hard to complain about those omissions at this price.
- What better thing to go with a new CPU and motherboard than some slick DDR4 memory? Newegg has G.Skill's 16GB TridentZ DDR4-3200 kit up for $74.99 right now. We used the slightly slower DDR4-3000 version of this Trident Z RAM in our Breadbox build a few months back, and the kit made a rare impression for its good looks and solid performance.
- If you're looking for a new motherboard to go with a Broadwell-E CPU, Newegg’s got you covered. The Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI is $209.99 today. This ATX monster has four PCIe x16 slots, plus eight memory slots with support for up to 128GB of DDR4 RAM. For peripheral connectivity, it has a USB 3.1 Type-C port, A USB 3.1 Type-A port, and Thunderbolt support.
- We also have a return customer for our deals-of-the-week this week, the Asus MG278Q. This 27" display has a 144-Hz, 2560x1440 TN panel and FreeSync support. We recommended the MG278Q in our peripheral staff picks at $570, and while we have seen it go cheaper than its current $399.99 price tag, it’s still an easy inclusion for this week's deals.
- Still with us, all the way down here? We’ve got one last deal for you. Toshiba's HDWD130XZSTA 3TB 3.5" SATA HDD is $84.99 on the 'Egg right now with promo code ESCEKEN26. This is a solid deal for a well-respected name in spinning storage. While inexpensive 7200RPM disks might not get your heart racing, all that data has to live somewhere.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's all for this week, folks. If we missed a great deal somewhere, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.