Swim-a-Lap Day Shortbread

4. Tech ARP’s Radeon RX 480 hands-on preview
  5. HotHardware’s NEC MultiSync EA305WMi monitor review
  6. TweakTown’s Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB keyboard
  7. Modders-Inc’s XSOUL XM8 Predator mouse review
    • Captain Ned
    • ronch

The RX 480 is gonna be a big upgrade from my HD 7770. Still, 640 stream processors is overkill for the games I play. Hmm…

• anotherengineer

Hmmm so the RX480 still has 32 ROPs.

Going to need a cut sheet soon, with ROPs, TMUs, CU, Cuda Cores, Shaders, etc. etc.

• blastdoor

[quote<]TechCrunch: Apple is discontinuing its Thunderbolt display[/quote<] I think it would be a mistake to leave the display business. I hope that is not what this means.

• tipoo

What market presence do you think a 1199 display that was outclassed by those in half its price gave them? It was competitive-ish when it came out, but far from it now. A 5K one would be interesting, but the iMac uses basically twice the Displayport signaling for itself internally, so what would they do for the computer side port?

• blastdoor

1. I am not suggesting that they continue to sell the current monitor at the current price.

2. The current price of the current monitor is not engraved in stone. They could have cut that price.

3. There are rumors that they are developing a new 5K monitor with a GPU integrated so that any Mac can use the 5K monitor. That could be one solution.

4. Thunderbolt 3 has the bandwidth necessary to drive a 5K monitor at 60 Hz.

There are plenty of options. They do not need to exit this market. I hope they do not exit this market. I hope that this is the result of inelegant scheduling on their part.

• Aranarth

Swim your laptop every day?! It sure keeps it clean!

• ronch

The RX 480 sure gets more compelling by the minute. By Christmas it will be totally irresistible.

• rxc6

By Christmas? Sir, I do admire your restrain 😉

• Srsly_Bro

I fear I will have purchased 8 by then.

• ronch

No restraint necessary; I don’t really need to upgrade. Nonetheless it is very compelling.

• Demetri

I’m not buying into WCCF’s hype machine on this one. They’ve been making some grand claims without much to back it up. I hope the 480 ends up being that good, because I’m going own one (or possibly a 470) soon, but I still think it will slot right between the 390 and 390X.

• ET3D

By Christmas is should compete with a GeForce 1060.

• The Egg

[quote<]TweakTown's Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB keyboard [/quote<] Go to TweakTown with any sort of script blocker enabled, and after a few seconds of viewing, it will switch the page over to a very malware'ish "JAVASCRIPT INTERFERENCE DETECTED" warning, in multiple languages. I'm quite certain it's benign, but what horrible site design. Not only will I [i<]not[/i<] be enabling javascript there, but I also won't be visiting their site again anytime soon.

• willmore

Simple fix: hit the “x” to stop loading the page once the main text has loaded. then their stupid little script doesn’t get to mess up the page.

Better option: Avoid that site.

• PrincipalSkinner

I’m wondering if AMD’s $300 card is RX 480 with higher clocks and GDDR5X.

• Srsly_Bro

I’m guessing it will be an AIB version that can clock much higher than reference and in excess of 1500 MHz.

• bjm

[quote<]PC Gamer: The legacy of Quake, 20 years later[/quote<] Damn... I'm old.

• Krogoth