Happy Friday, gerbils. We're getting geared up for the TR BBQ this weekend, but we'd be neglecting our duties if we didn't scour the interwebs for all the best PC hardware deals out there. Here's what we found this week.
- Mushkin's Eco3 480GB SSD is $96.99 at Newegg with promo code ESCELGG74. That price makes the Eco3 just 20 cents per gig. This is a TLC SSD with a Silicon Motion SM2256 controller, so its internals definitely match the price tag. It looks perfect for a system drive or modest storage drive, though.
- If 480GB isn't enough, Newegg also has Adata's Premier SP550 960GB SSD for $204.99. This drive rings in at 21 cents per gig, a fine price for a large chunk of bulk storage.
- Finally, if your SSD needs to be both large and fast, Newegg has Mushkin's Reactor 1TB SSD marked down to $229.99 with promo code ESCELGF33. This isn't the lowest price we've ever seen this drive hit, but it's a $20 markdown from its recent stable price.
- Got a FreeSync monitor you're looking to run as fast as possible? Newegg has XFX's take on the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X on sale for $399.99. Even if it's slightly beaten out by Nvidia's similarly-priced GeForce GTX 1070 in today's games, the Fury X is still the fastest Radeon around, and it sometimes exhibits surprising performance boosts with next-generation graphics APIs.
- If you've been thinking about moving to an iPad full-time, Best Buy has some compelling deals on the 9.7" iPad Pro, Apple's most advanced slate right now. Excuse the repetition to come, but the 32GB model is $474.99 in space gray, silver, gold, and rose gold. The 128GB model is $624.99 in space gray, silver, gold, and rose gold. Finally, the 256GB model is $774.99 in space gray.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's all for this week, folks. If we missed a great deal somewhere, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.