Welcome to another round of Friday deals, gerbils. We've scoured the web for the best discounts around on PC components and peripherals this morning, and here are the best deals we found this week.
- Mushkin's Reactor 1TB SSD is $214.99 at Newegg right now with promo code ESCEMEJ27. While this isn't the lowest price we've ever seen this drive sell for, it's close, and the Reactor's performance is such that we'd still pounce on it at this opportunity. Read our review for all the details.
- If 1TB of SSD is too much to stomach, Newegg also has Mushkin's Triactor 500GB SSD for $104.99 with promo code ESCEMEJ28. That price almost lets the Triactor squeak into the magical 20-cents-per-gig range. This drive uses TLC flash and the nearly-ubiquitous Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller to hit that wallet-friendly sticker.
- Rosewill's RK-9000 V2 mechanical keyboard is also on sale at Newegg for $64.99 with Cherry MX Brown switches. The RK-9000 V2 has long been a favorite of ours for an affordable mechanical keyboard, and with this deal, you can pick one up for little more than you might spend on a far worse rubber-dome model. For the unfamiliar, the MX Brown switches offer a tactile bump without the sharp clickiness of MX Blues.
- Best Buy has Logitech's G300s optical gaming mouse on sale for a mere $19.99. This rodent's sensor has a reasonable 250-to-2,500-DPI tracking range, an ambidextrous design, rubberized sides, and plenty of programmable buttons. For this price, we can't find a thing to complain about.
- If you're looking for a high-DPI monitor, Adorama has Samsung's U24E590D 24" 4K monitor on sale for $249.99. This display uses Samsung's IPS-like PLS panel tech, and it has a 4-ms response time and a claimed 100% coverage of the sRGB color gamut. It's even got AMD's FreeSync technology on board, though it can only do the variable-refresh dance from 40 to 60Hz. That range is OK for a 4K monitor, though.
- Newegg also has ASRock's Z170 OC Formula motherboard on sale for $199.99. This tricked-out board is pretty similar to the Z170 Extreme7+ board I use in several testing roles here at TR, and it has a lot to recommend it. The rear port cluster includes four USB 3.0 ports along with USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C ports, and this board also has a whopping three M.2 slots for insane next-gen storage configurations. Newegg sweetens the deal with a potentially nice $30 mail-in rebate.
There's a chance you're looking for a deal on something we didn't feature here. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's it for this week. If you're a deals hound like us and you've sniffed out something we've missed, be sure to share your discoveries with other TR gerbils in the comments.