Howdy, gerbils. It's time for another round of the finest PC hardware and technology deals on the internet this week.
- Intel's Core i5-6600K CPU is $219.99 on Newegg right now. This quad-core Skylake chip is the most affordable way into officially-sanctioned overclocking on the Z170 platform. Even if you're not interested in tweaking, this CPU has 3.5GHz base and 3.9GHz Turbo clocks, making it one of the fastest four-core, four-thread consumer CPUs Intel sells. Just be sure to pick up a CPU cooler if you grab an i5-6600K, since Intel doesn't include one in the box.
- Dell's S2716DG G-Sync monitor is $449.99 at Best Buy this week. This 27" 2560x1440 display uses a TN panel to achieve its impressive 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time. While the folks at TFT Central suggest this display has a rather loose out-of-the-box calibration, color-sensitive users can achieve decent results with a colorimeter if needed. At $450, this display is only a few bucks more than the cheapest 24" G-Sync monitors out there.
- Want a high-PPI display instead? Adorama has Samsung's U24E590D 23.6" display on sale for $249.99. This 4K display uses a PLS (IPS-like) panel with a 4ms response time. Samsung claims 100% sRGB coverage, too. As a bonus, the U24E590D also comes with AMD's FreeSync variable-refresh tech, and it supports FreeSync over a 40-60Hz range.
- For those with basic home audio recording needs, Newegg Flash has a great option in the form of the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB interface for $99.99. I use this very box to do voiceover work for TR, and if all you need to do is hook up one or two microphones, the Scarlett 2i2 will make them sound great.
- Finally, Newegg has Corsair's Force LE 960GB SSD for $204.99 with promo code ESCEMGK53. As large chunks of solid-state storage go, this is one of the cheapest we've seen recently.
There's a chance you're looking for a deal on something we didn't feature here. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's it for this week's deals. If you find a gem we missed, be sure to share it with other TR readers in the comments.