be quiet! Pure Rock Slim slips into tiny systems with ease

be quiet! has plenty of experience cooling, powering, and housing PCs, and it's bringing that expertise to small-form-factor systems today with its Pure Rock Slim CPU cooler. This 125-mm-tall (5") tower makes the most out of the tight confines common around CPU sockets on Mini-ITX motherboards. Its fin stack has a cut-out section at its base to provide plenty of surface area for cooling without impinging on standard-size DIMMs or VRM heatsinks.

Three copper heat pipes running through the Pure Rock Slim's base can carry a specified 120W of heat away from the CPU underneath, and be quiet! cools this tower with one of its excellent Silent Wings 92-mm PWM fans. This tower's $25 price (€28) makes it an appealing upgrade over the Intel stock cooler, and be quiet! says it's available at retail today.

• Qrash

I like the size for non-overclocked systems, but I dislike the Intel mounting mechanism and the lack of an extra pair of fan clips. Hopefully, these result in a low price.

Update: Oops, I missed the price of $25 in the article above. Good price for the design and scope of delivery. Now, let’s see some reviews.

• albundy

yeah, but is it quiet?

• christos_thski

Looks interesting but I think the Cryorig M9 (at the exact same height) has covered this segment pretty well (and it’s prettier). The Cryorig also has one of the most straightforward installs I’ve experienced.

An appealing upgrade over intel stock is right, though. Intel’s stock coolers are positively ATROCIOUS and noisy.

• SoM

quick first look i thought i was looking at a 212 evo

• DPete27

Let’s see. It’s a tower heatsink, it’s got a fan (ignoring the “Be Quiet” sticker on it), copper color heatpipes, aluminum fins…..yep! must be a 212 EVO!!!

Seriously though, that description covers 95% of all tower heatsinks. The other 5% being tower heatsinks with nickel plated heatpipes.

• mkk

Or you build your mini-ITX system in a FD Node 304, that can house the regular Pure Rock / Hyper 212 Evo cooler. If not overclocking, chances are that you could run the CPU heatsink fanless in this config, solving even the most badly designed RAM clearance issues.

• Farting Bob

That case is pretty pricey for a mITX build though. Not everyone wants to pay £70 for a case.

I generally never go higher than 92mm coolers when building PCs that won’t (or can’t) be overclocked; Unnecessary cost and weight hanging off the socket.

The TX3 is my go-to cooler, it’s practically silent for a stock-clocked chip so more competition is always welcome.

• EndlessWaves

I’m starting to wonder if there’s a conspiracy at TR to deliberately wind up small case enthusiasts by declaring ever bigger hardware to be ideal for tiny systems. 🙂

• psuedonymous

It sure worked on me. If a case can take a 120mm tower cooler then almost by definition IT IS NOT SLIM!

• DPete27

It’s a compact 92mm tower heatsink. Leave well enough alone.

• nexxcat

I was going to write where we can purchase their wares in the US, but [url<]http://www.bequiet.com/en/wheretobuy/search[/url<] had me covered. Time to think about a build. Again. ETA: this particular one doesn't seem to be available yet on Newegg. Oh well.

• DPete27

I like this. Even though the fan will have to be flipped over to a pull configuration to get hot air out the back of a case.