GeForce 372.90 drivers rev up for Forza Horizon 3

The release of a new AAA game on PC usually signals the release of a new GeForce Game Ready driver release, and the upcoming release of Forza Horizon 3 is no exception. The new driver also adds what Nvidia's release notes describe as "security updates for graphics components" and an SLI profile for the upcoming game Ark: Survival Evolved.

That's not all, though. This release includes fixes for Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and World of Warcraft. The driver's release notes also indicate the 372.90 drivers should correct issues with lag in games with G-Sync enabled and problems when linking to a Vive headset over DisplayPort. Nvidia's Ansel in-game screen capture feature is now enabled by default in white-listed games, too.

Forza Horizon 3 will be out for Ultimate Edition buyers on September 22, and on September 27 for those who "only" bought the game's standard release. Recommended requirements for the game include an Intel Core i7-3820 CPU, a Nvidia GTX 970 or GTX 1060 graphics card with at least 4GB of VRAM, and 12GB of system memory. Gamers holding onto their Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 license keys need not apply, as Forza Horizon 3 requires DirectX 12 and 64-bit Windows 10.

The 372.90 graphics card drivers can be downloaded from Nvidia's GeForce website, or in the Drivers tab of Nvidia's GeForce Experience software.

• LostCat

16.9.2s up for the same.

• synthtel2

[s<]i7-3820 recommended? What? Multithreading like a boss is cool and all, but if a 3770K or 4770K isn't going to cut it, someone has screwed up.[/s<] Never mind, I was thinking a 3820 was a hexacore.

• Kretschmer

I’m guessing that the requirements guys screwed up.

• StefanJanoski

Who the fuck is in charge of deciding on the system requirements, anyway? Look at this and Battlefield 1 and it seems like these people don’t really know what’s what in the land of computer hardware.

• Noinoi

For what’s it’s worth 6 Apex consumed almost all the CPU time of my 4590. I think the recommended requirements make sense, unlike BF1.

• StefanJanoski

Yeah, perhaps the recommended requirements make more sense than the minimum requirements, which include an i5-3570K for FH3. Clearly the game will run, and indeed run well on high settings, with a lesser CPU than that. It’s not the minimum requirement to run the game, so don’t list it as such.

If they don’t want to decide on some specific model cut off point, why don’t they just introduce some ambiguity (I’m sure this used to be more common) e.g. say ‘quad core Intel Core i5 or {AMD equivalent}’. I dunno, it’s not perfect either but it just seems silly to list a particular model in the minimum requirements when clearly the game runs perfectly well on less than that.

• I.S.T.

The 3820 is a quad core, no less. One of those lowest end on the platform things Intel was doing for a while where the lowest end was a quad and then you could slot in a 6 core or more later. The only real difference compared to a 2500K is a higher clockspeed and a crapton of cache(10 megs of L3!).

• synthtel2

So it is, thanks.

• sweatshopking

And apparently this game is amazing.

I loved the first Horizon on 360, but never played the sequel.

• sweatshopking

I haven’t played any forza but the beta forza uwp. I just blast past that derfunk guy every game 😉
        This one is like a 92 on metacritic.

• StefanJanoski

I’m pretty hyped – after playing FM 6: Apex I’m very happy with what they’ve done technically – it looks great and runs well – even if the Windows Store wouldn’t be my preferred way to buy a game.

The reviews for FH 3 are excellent and I can play with my Xbox One friends!