Titanfall 2 PC requirements point to a smooth experience

Titanfall 2 is still just short of a month away, but details are starting to come out about what we can expect from our gaming rigs while running the game. Of course, it's still up to Respawn Entertainment to get the game out the door in working condition, but the developer has revealed what kinds of systems players will want to be running on to run the game at not only minimum and recommended specs, but also to pull 60 FPS at 4K resolution.

Regardless of what hardware you're running, you'll need 45GB of storage available, DirectX 11, and Windows 7 or later. Here are the full specs:

Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i3-6300T or equivalent
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 2GB or AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB

Ultra settings at 4K and 60 FPS

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB

The minimum spec for the game is actually relatively low, and most of us who consider ourselves PC gamers should be able to run it without a problem. Even the recommended specifications for the game are pretty reasonable. To get the full 4K experience, you'll need a top of the line system, though, with the best Intel and Nvidia have to offer.

Producer Drew McCoy explains in the post that lower spec rigs might even be able to handle the game. The minimum spec is intended for users to run the game at 1600×900 with most of the details turned on and pull an average of 60 FPS, McCoy said. The recommended specs, meanwhile, assume you're running at 1920×1080 and have most of the graphical detail in the game cranked up as far as they'll go.

The post goes into deeper detail, making note of all the PC video options we can expect to be tinkering with next month, as well as the tech powering the game. The team saw fit to include some benchmark graphs comparing performance at various resolutions, too. Titanfall 2 is set to be released on October 28.

• The Egg

The 660 is actually still a fairly solid performer, so it’s nice to see them bringing up the graphical baseline a bit.

• Ph.D

I think the game looks awfully washed out and grey but I do appreciate they make the game accessible to majority of desktop players.

RAM requirements are kind of odd though…

• maroon1

“The minimum spec is intended for users to run the game at 1600×900 with most of the details turned on and pull an average of 60 FPS”

So, the minimum specs is not for low settings. I think minimum means playing it on same quality as PS4, since PS4 runs this game on 900p and I don’t think the other settings are as good as PC very high settings.

• chuckula

Unless the minimum requirements are actually higher than the recommended requirements then I can’t take this game seriously.

• Srsly_Bro

Lol +1 Chuck. I rarely vote you and this vote you deserve.

• kamikaziechameleon

Titanfall was a blast. But TF(titanfall) 2 looks identical from what I saw.

Beyond more content there doesn’t appear to be any refinement or expansion on core mechanics that I can see. Else it’s just more maps, more robots more skins more weapons kinda game. Basically an expansion pack of a sequel.

• Srsly_Bro

I’ve been playing tf2 for years. Ssk always teases me for it.

• kamikaziechameleon

ha, well played.

• travbrad

So a game made by many people who were involved in previous Call of Duty games have basically made a game that is the same as their previous game? I am shocked!

• LostCat

Different mechs, single player story, different game modes.

I don’t know if it’s better yet, but it’s definitely a new game.

• sweatshopking

Guys, I’m new to pc gaming. My computer says intel and has an NVidia. Can I play this?

IS MY NVIDIA GT 740 GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE ITS A HIGHER NUMBER THAN 660?

Same thing is true of my Radeon 360. That’s way better than the old 290s, right?

• brucethemoose

Don’t be ridiculous.

The numbers need to ADD UP. My 9800 Pro exceeds the system requirements, for example.

oh, that’s it. So my other PC with the GeForce 7900 is also probably fine.

You’re lucky you have a 9800 Pro. That and the Geforce 9800GTX are the two highest number cards ever sold.

If you want a bigger number than that you have to buy a FirePro S10000 but’s it’s only a 2% bigger number and costs a thousand bucks.

• yogibbear

Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

• Arclight

You have to upgrade to play Minesweeper. Those specs are pretty low. Do you even want to join the glorious PC gaming master race?

• Ninjitsu

Ah look, sensible and consistent requirements.

EDIT: Oh, didn’t notice RAM – WTF does a game need 16GB for? Perhaps textures? A bit surprising.

• sweatshopking

Likely the same crazy audio as the last game.

• LostCat

It was also the recommended for Mankind Divided, so no.

• sweatshopking

That doesn’t mean tf doesn’t have stupid audio.

• LostCat

I was disagreeing with the word ‘likely’ as in ‘that wouldn’t have anything to do with the recommended RAM changing.’

• yogibbear

Xbone and PS4 port / engine / console optimizations / whatever you wanna call it = high RAM requirements.

• Voldenuit

[quote<]EDIT: Oh, didn't notice RAM - WTF does a game need 16GB for? Perhaps textures? A bit surprising.[/quote<] Judging by Titanfall 1, maybe they load all the audio files as linear PCM into RAM?

• Krogoth

I would wait until we have the game on hand, but I suspect 16GiB “recommendation” is really for streamers. The game should work fine with 8GiB of RAM if you aren’t running any memory demanding background applications, otherwise you may run into “virtual memory swapping” hic-ups.

• ermo

“about what we can from our gaming rig” <- missing ‘expect’?

• RoxasForTheWin

Seem like decent requirements, but the lack of mention of 1440p is slightly annoying (although I’d think the requirements would fall around 1070 territory)

I’m personally excited for the game and will likely get it on sale. My only issue with the original game was the lack of bot mode, as I suck at online gaming and would rather steamroll bots in a mech suit.
    EDIT: a word

• Neutronbeam

Yeah, me too. Single player campaign is what would get me interested.

• Zoomastigophora

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwbutTQ8Yow<]Interested now?[/url<]

• End User

Based upon my experience the GTX 1080 is fantastic 2560×1440 card. I’d go with the 2016 Titan X to play @ 4K.

• SoundChaos

RAM requirements are finally growing. For years I could play 60fps max settings at 4gb, sometimes as little as 2gb! Good thing its dirt cheap to get 16gb nowdays

• Srsly_Bro

I think it’s that more dorks are finally getting off of 32 bit OSs. RAM has been cheap for years.

[quote<] we can fromour gaming rigs [/quote<] Come again for Big Fudge?

[quote<]we can from our gaming rigs[/quote<] This isn't really any better. 😆

• morphine

Bruno’s law of typos:

You don’t make many typos. When you do, you make two or three at once.

I’m the apocryphal John Wesley of typos.

Make all the typos you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.

• CuttinHobo

Some tech journalists have recently been upgraded to new models featuring SMT. (Simultaneous Multi-Typo)

• Crackhead Johny

We cane armoire gaming rigs.
      This person is talking about building a gaming rig in a bamboo armoire. A lot of space for big graphics cards in an armoire.

The other option is that “we” is short for “What ever” and they are not impressed by bamboo armoire gaming rigs.