Work with Pritchard again in Mankind Divided’s System Rift DLC

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was released roughly a month ago to generally positive reviews. Square-Enix isn't wasting any time, though. The first expansion for the game, called System Rift, is out today. Players can get into the skin and augments of Adam Jensen to once again work with his almost-friend Frank Pritchard. Take a gander at the trailer:

Good ol' buddy Prick-chard is asking for Jensen's help in infiltrating the Palisade Blade, the world's most secure data vault, in order to hunt down information pertaining the Santeu Group. The Blade is part of the Palisade Bank, a name familiar those that went to its offices during the main game in a quest for credits information.

Along the way, there's a hint that doing this may help Jensen in lifting the veil a little more on the famous Illuminati, who are pulling the strings on the world and constantly harshing his mellow. System Rift is out now in Steam for $11.99.

• floodo1

This DLc is roughly 3-4 hrs of content, and it’s $12. People have described it as “a side quest” because there are no new weapons or anything.

Pathetic

• ronch

Because it’s all about new weapons.

• Kretschmer

People pay $15 for a 90-minute movie and then balk at DLC or a game subscription.

• LostCat

Another update for the DX12 preview too. (One was on the 15th.) Cool.
    ( [url<]http://steamcommunity.com/app/337000/discussions/0/343787283752172067/[/url<] )

• Platedslicer

The reviews pointing to a lackluster story, and the early release of story DLCs, strongly suggest that it might be better to wait for the inevitable “All DLCs” pack in several months. That’s what I plan to do. A pity for Square Enix, too, because if the game had been released in a more satisfying state I probably would have paid the full amount by now.

• ferdinandh

Yep. I want to play it now but I will wait until it is finished. I feel so bad for games I buy at $60 and a year later I can buy it for $35 with all dlc. A year later for $5 with all dlc. I feel foolish. No more publishers! I have hundreds of games I haven’t even started yet but I wanted to play Deus Ex right now but not like this. Not while making me feel like a fool. It just isn’t worth it.

• Waco

Yay! A $60 game is now a $72 game within a month.

Have I mentioned that I hate DLC? I miss real expansion packs. 🙁

• sweatshopking

60? Try 85 in Canada! Literally 100$. Between these two. Deluxe editions are launching at 130$ CAD.