Join us as we liveblog Google’s #madebygoogle event

Good morning or afternoon, everybody, whatever your case may be. It's Google special presentation time, and we expect to hear about a pair of new Pixel phones, at the very least. Google may also be announcing its own VR hardware and possibly even more gizmos. Whatever Google has to show us, we'll be here to see it.

Settle in for our live blog of the #madebygoogle event (yes, that's what it's called) and feel free to follow along with Google's own livestream on YouTube.

[quote<]It's sometimes difficult for Mario to get his kids to the dinner table, but he can "pause" their devices to cut off their Internet from the companion app [ugh DAD][/quote<] I don't like to be that guy but I'm going to be that guy here. If I can't get my kids off the iDevice or whatever for 20 minutes to eat as a family, I'm a failure as a parent.

• evilpaul

Did they get to the new phones or Chromecast yet? I really don’t care about Google Home.

You missed it then

FWIW, DxOMark gives the Galaxy S7 an 88. IMO it’s pretty inferior to the camera on my 6S Plus, but whatever.

• Goty

Confirmation bias is a terrible thing. 😉

I don’t understand this comment. The score contradicts my opinion, not confirm it.

Or you’re talking about Google. That makes more sense.

edit: Also, I have both devices—one provided by my employer and one purchased by myself—so I have both available and can freely compare them by taking photos on my own.

• Goty

It’s YOUR iPhone, meaning it’s the choice you made. Of course you think it’s superior. Nobody wants to think the other option is better in any way; that’s why fanboys exist (not implying that you’re a fanboy.)

Actually the S7 has become my daily driver, and I have plenty of bad things to say about both devices. I mean, it’s cute you think that’s the reason, but come on.

[url<]https://techreport.com/news/30749/google-releases-android-7-1-alongside-its-pixel-phone?post=1003154[/url<] [url<]https://techreport.com/news/30749/google-releases-android-7-1-alongside-its-pixel-phone?post=1003198[/url<]

It’s like 40 people in a middle school gym

He said “each of these areas”
      I heard “each of these idiots”

This is infinity more interesting than anything Apple did last month, and they’re not even talking about products yet..

Speaking of Apple, “our devices [b<]just work[/b<] for you"

lol did he just hopefully not put his wife’s cell number on the stream?

lololol it’s priced like an iPhone (which had been rumored). Good luck, guys.

• MrDweezil

Is that really an issue? I don’t think I’ve ever met somebody who’s cross-shopped iPhones and Android phones.

I have no idea. I just have both devices available to me so I compare things.

• chuckula

Time to place the bets: How [i<]courageous[/i<] will Google be with their phones?

• ludi

About $649 courageous. Nice product, but this ain’t your daddy’s (affordable) Nexus.

• funko

Only a few Nexus generations were affordable. Nexus was originally on par with competitors since the One at $630

• ludi

To be fair, though, the Nexus One was way ahead of all competitors when it launched, and gave the fledgling Android ecosystem a much needed kick in the pants. The Pixel is a nice platform but the feature set is not revolutionary, and if follows in the path of several full-feature/minimum-fat Nexus phones that were designed and priced squarely in the upper-middle-class section of the market.