Radeon 16.10.2 drivers add support for October’s big games

The next couple weeks of gaming are packed with a Great War, a bunch of Titans, and the rise and fall of entire civilizations. Battlefield 1, Sid Meier's Civilization VI, and Titanfall 2 are hitting gamers' PCs everywhere. AMD has new Radeon Crimson 16.10.2 drivers out that add support for all these new games, in addition to fixing a few bugs.

The driver also adds support for the Serious Sam VR and Eagle Flight VR titles, along with a CrossFire DirectX-11 profile for Civilization VI. The update fixes an issue with RX 400-series cards that would leave the card's fan speed elevated even after exiting an application, as well as a Gears of War 4 application hang that would occur in some specific configurations. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.10.2 drivers are out now.

• DPete27

Odd, it’s labeled as a “Hotfix” if you navigate to the driver via [url=http://support.amd.com/en-us/download<]their driver download page.[/url<] I wonder why.

• tanker27

While I don’t have a Radeon the best thing and news about new drivers is that Raptr is no longer bundled with it!

[url<]http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/drivers/matthew-wilson/amd-no-longer-supporting-gaming-evolved-raptr-app/[/url<] NINJAEDIT: I don't think this ever made the news at TR or even the Shortbread.

• LostCat

Apparently someone was listening. Or nobody actually installed it and they noticed.

• Rares

Let the benchmarks begin 3, 2, 1,…..

• Wonders

What is the MSI card pictured in this article?

I think it’s [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137028<]this guy[/url<].

• synthtel2

I know TR sends Newegg links through a 3rd party, but that 3rd party wasn’t qksrv.net before. Could someone from TR chime in on that? I’d feel better about it with official confirmation that qksrv.net is the intended thing. (Sorry if it’s old news, I haven’t had reason to use any such links in a while.)

I don’t see anything in the forums about it. Strange. I didn’t notice the different URL til you pointed it out. Edited and saved, still there.

• JosiahBradley

Crossfire profile for Battlefield 1 for game launch, sweet. Now to wait for benchmarks to see how good scaling is and if it works in DX12.

• USAFTW

Here you go:
      [url<]http://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-1-test-gpu[/url<] Scaling works in DX11, not 12.