Cuplex Kryos Next water block is heaven for control freaks

Information about the operating conditions of one's PC is worthless unless it's easy to obtain and even easier to understand. That's the goal with Aqua Computer's new Cuplex Kryos Next water block. Aqua Computer claims the block has the best cooling performance on the market, of course, but that's not what sets it apart.

New to the Cuplex Kryos Next is what Aqua Computer is calling "Vision Technology." Certain Kryos Next blocks are available with an OLED display that can be configured using the company's Aquasuite software to show info like CPU temperature and load. If you choose the block with a plexiglass housing, you'll be able to program an LED to change colors in response to changes in any of the statistics the software is monitoring.

Aqua Computer also offers builders a tantalizing level of adjustment with its "Vario Technology." Hex nuts allow DIYers to use an Allen wrench to adjust the shape of the cold plate to get an optimal match between the CPU heat spreader and water block. If this feature works as Aqua Computer claims, it could take some major headaches out of gettting the most from a liquid-cooling setup.

The block is available with housings in transparent acetal, black acetal, copper, nickel-plated brass, and a dark PVD-coated brass. If that's not enough of an option sheet, the Kryos Next can be had with bases in copper, nickel-plated copper, and sterling silver. It can be purchased with or without the Vision and Vario technology, too. Variants for AMD, Intel LGA 115x, and LGA 2011-v3 sockets are available, as well. The Next is currently available in Aqua Computer's store and starts at about $65, though prices can go much higher if buyers tick all the boxes.

• DragonDaddyBear

Unfortunately a quality water cooling setup that is worthy of this would cost as much as my last rig. *sigh* If I were 10 years younger (and no family) I would have bought me one of these.

• vargis14

I would rather have just a good temp sensor in the base of the block that goes to a front 5 1/4″ drive bay High resolution color LCD panel with a customizable display that has a temperature alarm, shows Anything you want….from the temp and time ETC.

I do not want to look inside of my towers anymore!!!! I know what’s in there, what I want is something to make the front look modern and functional! Perhaps make a Cylon eye that changes color with the temp….even a dual 10 1/4″ setup so a nice 1080p IPS display could show anything….I know I am sorta repeating myself but I am so tired of the Bling on the inside of PC’s…at my age I care about functionality Period

• koaschten

Please let me introduce you to the aquacomputer aquaero -> [url<]https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=3092[/url<] which can connect to the new "kryos next with vision" via usb or aquabus.

• Sargent Duck

Doesn’t have enough blinking LED’s and pictures of dragons. Pass.

• CuttinHobo

Using LEDs to *indicate* something instead of as garish decorations? Pass.

• Shobai

From what the video shows, the Vario tuning appears to be adjusting the middle plate or possibly jet plate, rather than the cold plate. This probably allows a user to tune the flow of water across the cold plate, which would seem to be far less fraught with danger: everyone still remembers the kerfuffle around Skylake launch because improper mounting pressure of heatsinks and waterblocks cracked CPUs (apparently Kaby Lake’s substrate is thicker, more in line with previous generations, to avoid this), right?

• juzz86

Having run a lot of AquaComputer gear, their AquaSuite setup is absolutely fantastic if you’re a micro-manager, an Engineering-type, or even just fussy.

You pay for the privilege, but the ability to monitor flow rates, monitor and control pump speeds, ramp fans based on your own temp curves, and now real-time monitor temps at the block is pretty neat. Their glass reservoirs are also marvels of manufacturing.

I’d love to see ACs take on an AiO with something like this integrated.

• Shobai

Second sentence of the second paragraph, ‘Aquasquite’ should drop the second ‘q’. Last sentence of second paragraph, “change colors in resopnse”.

• Shobai