Nvidia 375.95 hotfix driver addresses Pascal VRAM clock bug

A widespread bug in the recent 375.86 GeForce driver release caused some Pascal cards to keep their VRAM clock at 810 MHz. Given that the nominal memory clocks for most Pascal cards to date range from 2 GHz to 2.5 GHz, that's a pretty serious bug. Owing to the seriousness of said bug, Nvidia now issued an hotfix driver version 375.95 to curtail the problem. The company says this beta driver addresses the VRAM clock issue on "certain factory-overclocked Pascal cards."

There's no word on the other known issues affecting recent GeForce drivers, though. Posters in the release thread for hotfix drivers are still complaining about a litany of issues, even though some of them don't appear to be Nvidia's fault, like flickering on SLI rigs in Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. A couple of forum posters are also complaining that the old high-refresh-rate power bug is back from the grave, too.

These drivers lack WHQL certification, so if you are on Windows 10 with the Anniversary Update and Secure Boot enabled, you'll have to wait for the next release. If you want to try your luck with 375.95, you can grab the new release here.

• TessellatedGuy

Wow it’s like I’m the only one who doesn’t have any problems. People must be installing their drivers wrong.

• tanker27

Ugg what the heck are you doing Big Green? Only ATi drivers are supposed to suck. 😛

/snark

• slowriot

What is with Nvidia lately? This is multiple releases in a row with serious bugs. Or claims to fix bugs that still are not fixed…

• I.S.T.

Seriously. It’s like the bad old days of ATi back before the Radeon 9700 PRO again…

• DoomGuy64

Disagree. AMD drivers were at their worst during the AMD acquisition, 3 driver teams, Rage (id), and the VLIW to GCN transition. Early GCN 1.0 drivers were unacceptable outside of optimized games, and you had to wait at least a month for new games to get proper support. Dx8 was never that bad, outside of a few edge cases.

Seems everything is smoothed out on AMD’s end atm. Nvidia seems to be going through their own transition problem, because they keep changing their architecture every generation, not to mention they work around industry standards (dx12) with hacks. Legacy baggage is probably causing the driver team to tear their hair out.

• slaimus

Sounds like I should wait for more reaction before trying this version.
    The 3 37x drivers I have tried so far would work well for a few days and then eventually bluescreen and prevent Windows from booting. 368.81 has been rock solid for me.

• Prestige Worldwide

I’ve recently picked up a GTX 1080 and the only driver I’ve used thus far is 375.70. Haven’t had any problems but sticking clear of this week’s releases.

• Meadows

I’m using a GTX 1060 (supposedly factory OC’d by ASUS, however slightly) and I haven’t seen this issue either. According to MSI Afterburner, everything’s peachy.

• Airmantharp

The flickering with SLI in BF1 can be solved by running in DX12 mode, which thankfully feels better than upon release.

• RAGEPRO

Won’t that just put you in single-card mode?

• travbrad

I guess that would technically fix problems with SLI flickering.

• Airmantharp

Nope, apparently. I keep a GPU-Z instance up for each card, and they’re both engaged- and I wouldn’t be hitting 100FPS+ without both!

• Airmantharp

And I stand corrected! Only one card rolling in GPU-Z; guess I forgot to check after DX12?

But I’m playing right now with DX12 and one card. At least GFE dropped the setting to keep me in the 100FPS+ range, and I can confirm that switching back to DX11 enables SLI and still has the text corruption issue.