In the lab: Cooler Master’s MasterCase Maker 5t

Cooler Master has released many a variation on its MasterCase platform this year, and the most fast-and-furious version of the case is in the TR labs now. Have a look at the MasterCase Maker 5t:

Both sides of this case are sheathed in tempered glass, and the spiffy red-and-black finish has a metallic shine to it that's hard to convey in images. That red finish covers the entire inside of the case for an extra dose of sportiness. Perhaps in expectation of the high-end builds that some might have in mind for this system, Cooler Master throws in a dual-graphics-card support to keep long graphics cards from sagging. Oh, and there's a fully-functional handle on top, too. Keep an eye out for our full review of this case soon.

• lycium

Alternate title: Case maker CoolerMaster makes cooler MasterCase Maker

• mkk

I kinda like it more than I expected after having checked out its specs and some pictures. But I cant think of any reason for having the the second side panel in any transparent material.

• YukaKun

I have to admit I kind of like it, since it does have a “figure” I like without going overboard with the bling-bling.

Now, I wonder about the glass windows… From what I remember, tempered glass is *very* heavy, so is the trade off worth it? Did they manage to do something about the glass weight?

On the other hand, I usually have my case at ground level or with the side panel removed or slightly open (reasons), but this panel doesn’t look very versatile in the weight department nor peek-a-boo shelve.

Just like the glass side panels with the case, I don’t even know what I’m saying/typing anymore.

Cheers!

• RAGEPRO

Yeah, I’m with you. I like the looks of this case but having a handle on a case with tempered glass sides is a weird combination. I think I might like it better if they were plexiglass or something.

I agree with you.

Having built a handful of machines into cases with tempered glass panels, I cannot possibly imagine them being desirable in a machine you intend to carry around a lot. Some of the In-Win ones actually suggest you do not move the case with the glass panels attached!

Carry handle and tempered glass are two opposite ends of the spectrum, I’ll be interested to see what Jeff thinks of this conundrum.

• VincentHanna