Howdy, gerbils! We're a little over a week away from Christmas, and you know what that means. Shopping rushes, the smell of eggnog all around, and more blinkenlights than you can shake an RGB LED keyboard at. Of course, being a member of the techie commitee, you'd never stoop so low as to actually go out and shop, right? Staying at home, clicking a few buttons, and seeing the goodies pop up at your doorstep a couple days later is much more fun. Let's see what's available with just a few clicks, shall we?
- Today, we kick things off with motherboards. The Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI is a fine-looking piece of hardware with three PCIe x16 slots and (you guessed it) SLI and Crossfire support. There's a PCIe x4 M.2 connector and a USB Type-C port on tap, and the on-board Ethernet Gigabit controller is an Intel model, too. Newegg is selling this board for $109.99, which is a fine price on its own, and there's also a $20 rebate card on offer.
- Keep with the motherboards theme, we have the Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger. I don't know if there were any Roman rangers named Maximus VIII, but I know that this motherboard packs SLI and Crossfire support, an Intel LAN controller, an audio section with an ESS DAC, and both Type-A and Type-C USB 3.1 ports. All these goodies would normally go for close to $200, but Newegg is selling the board for $169.99. There's an additional $15 discount in the form of a rebate card, too.
- We have the mobo, now it's time for a Fury-ous graphics card. All the current talk may be about Pascal and Polaris, but people seem to have forgotten that the Fury X is still a pretty badass card. The XFX R9 Fury X is a fine specimen, and Newegg is selling it for only $319.99. Even better, there's a $20 rebate card available that can bring the price down further. In the words of our overlord Jeff Kampman, "$299.99 for a Fury X is nuts."
- We'll keep it short: RAM prices are rising, buy now, buy plenty. Newegg is running a sale on the G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400 MT/s two-DIMM set, and is selling the kit for $74.99. Seeing as 16GB kits are easily going for $90 or more, we think you should grab one of these right away.
- There's another G.Skill item on sale today. The Ripjaws KM780 RGB keyboard with Cherry MX switches has received praise from press and users alike, and it's on sale at Newegg for only $99.99. Keyboards with RGB LED lighting nowadays tend to command prices above $150, so you'll be happy to know that the KM780 is selling for only $99.99 at Newegg.
- When we build our System Guides, one point that we stress is that you shouldn't ever skimp on the power supply. We also recommend getting a unit with an 80 Plus Gold rating to help with your power bill, too. Today, we have a fine pick that fills our requisites: the Seasonic SSR-650RM power supply. This 650W 80 Plus Gold unit offers semi-modular cabling and a 120-mm fan. Newegg is selling it for only $64.99 if you use promo code EMCFGFJ22, and there's a $15 rebate card on offer. Grab yours now.
- Are you building a home NAS? You'll probably want some chunky hard drives, and we have one of the largest specimens here. The Seagate 8TB NAS HDD, as its name implies, has a server-optimized firmware and a capacity of a whole 8TB. Should be enough for cat videos, we wager. This HDD is selling for only $249.99 at Newegg if you use promo code ESCFGFK84, which is a pretty insane deal.
- Finally, we're going to sound off on the Sennheiser PC350 headset. This set of cans-and-microphone is foldable, and should offer many a comfortable gaming session with good sound quality. Grab it at Newegg for $79.99.
That's all for today, folks. If we missed any deals, be sure to post them in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.