Greetings, gerbils. Last week's TR CES coverage produced a bounty of news that you should totally read through. However, there was little time to breathe, and we missed our usual Friday deals. No matter, because they're here today. Needless to say, with so many new products out, companies are running deals left and right. Today's box o' deals has a ton of laptops. Here's what we found.
- We have a double-whammy of Lenovo gear today. First, a Lenovo IdeaPad 510. The exact model we have here is the 80SV0058US, and it packs a spiffy new Kaby Lake Core i7-7500U CPU, 12GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. There's also a GeForce 940MX powering the pixels on the 1080p IPS display. Newegg is selling this workhorse for $699.99.
- The second item from Lenovo is the IdeaPad Miix 700. You're looking at a beautiful and sleek detachable convertible with a Core m5-6Y54 CPU, 4GB of RAM, and a 128GB SSD. That's good enough on its own, but there's icing on this particular cake: a 2160x1440 touchscreen that should be pretty sharp. This machine would usually run you up a hefty bill, but Newegg is offering it for only $459.99.
- Lenovo isn't the only game in town, though. We also have an HP Spectre x360 fold-back convertible with a Core i5-6200U clocked at 2.3GHz base and 2.7GHz turbo speeds), 8GB of RAM, and a 256GB SSD. The machine's 1080p screen is covered with a slab of Gorilla Glass, and the keyboard is backlit. You'd usually pay well over a grand for a machine of this caliber with an aluminum construction, but Best Buy will hand it to you for only a cent under that: $999.99.
- Prices for RAM are rising sharply, and this is an excellent time to stock up on some DIMMs. The G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB set on display contains a pair of 16GB DDR4 sticks clocked at 3200 MT/s. Our Kaby Lake review revealed that some apps and games are sensitive to RAM speeds, and this kit strikes an excellent balance between capacity and clockspeed. Grab it at Newegg for $169.99.
- Kaby Lake may be the new hotness, but Broadwell-E brawlers can still flex their muscles just fine. Those looking to build a system based on an LGA 2011-v3 CPU might want to take a good look at the MSI X99A SLI Plus mobo. This puppy comes with an Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller, USB 3.1 ports, and an M.2 slot. Like its name implies, SLI support is on the menu, too. And personal preferences aside, that all-black paintjob just screams sexy. Pick one of these up at Newegg for $199.99. There's a $20 rebate card on offer, too.
- Finally, if you're a photographer, artist, or CAD designer, we have a nice monitor for you: the BenQ Designer PD2700Q. This 27" display offers a 2560x1440 resolution on its 10-bit IPS panel. BenQ says this screen can show 100% of the sRGB and Rec. 709 color spaces, and that its native contrast ratio is an impressive 1000:1. If all this looks nice to you, Newegg is selling the PD2700Q for $379.99. Grab it while stocks last.
That's all for today, folks. If you happen upon a deal that we missed, please help your fellow gerbils and post it in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.