NZXT adds purple-and-white finishes to its hardware catalog

People who really like the color purple (or perhaps Kinzie Kensington) will be pleased to see NZXT's latest additions to its catalog. The company took to Twitter to announce white-and-purple versions of its S340 and H440 ATX cases, along with matching HUE+ lighting controllers and cable-routing pucks.

Even if the new color scheme it isn't as flashy as something like the Hyper Beast, we still think it looks pretty neat. It's also a breath of fresh air in the mass of black-and-red cases. The white color comes in a matte finish, which should help it blend in more easily than the common refrigerator-white. It might be trickier to pick components that won't clash with the rich purple hue, though. Maybe one of those MSI Quick Silver cards would do, or gear that comes with much-loved RGB LED lighting.

The new hardware is available from NZXT's site for the price as the other company's other color options. That puts the S340 case at $70, the H440 chassis at $120, the HUE+ controller at $60, and the Puck at $20.

• Pez

I love it! The accents really aren’t done offensively and the case is excellent.

Definitely one on the list for this years build (Hopefully with Ryzen)

Edit: £117.99 in the UK

• thedosbox

[quote<] gear that comes with much-loved RGB LED lighting. [/quote<] I have a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

• RAGEPRO

[url<]https://youtu.be/xzpndHtdl9A[/url<]

• CScottG

[url<]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJoNoOAY9Q[/url<]

• davidbowser

I’m partial to the black with orange highlights.

Best case I ever bought and still own is the NZXT H2 which I am pretty sure was on the Tech Report build list at one point. My CPU and GPU are passive inside and the case fans do the trick damn near silent unless the fans are set on high.

My biggest peeve with it is that the power and reset are hair trigger and about an inch away from the top mounted USB ports and the case fan control switch. I can’t even tell you how many times I have reached down to plug in a drive and rebooted my system.

• thesmileman

This is actually the first case in a long long time that isn’t just plain black and minimalist that I really like. Its strange to not see RGB everywhere.

• godforsaken

Whatever else you do, buy these cases. You could wind up with a Decepticon!

Nice.

• morphine

Hahaha

Whatever you do, don’t buy these cases. You could wind up with [url=http://orig12.deviantart.net/71fc/f/2012/178/e/0/megatron_g1_by_lonewolf521-d553sqq.jpg<]a Decepticon[/url<].

• Lord.Blue

A joke I once read went something like this…
      My wife asked me why I carry my pistol in the house. “Decepticons,” I replied. My wife laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, it was a good day. Now we need a new toaster.