Radeon 17.1.2 drivers ready up for Conan: Exiles beta

Most driver updates these days are released in concert with high-profile games, arriving with support for said titles along with a few bug-fixes for good measure. The new Radeon driver 17.1.2 does things a little differently and comes with support for beta versions of upcoming titles. For this driver release, AMD added support for Conan: Exiles and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands in their respective beta incarnations.

Conan: Exiles

In addition to that game-specific support, there are a few notable bug fixes. This update takes care of corrupted visual effects in Diablo III running on DirectX 9 and a flickering issue affecting Paragon in a multi-GPU setup. Crashes and black screens in FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3, and Watch Dogs 2 were also resolved.

Meanwhile, AMD continues to work on issues with flickering in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft that sometimes occur at first boot on systems running FreeSync. Rare crash issues occuring in setups using both AMD's FreeSync tech and borderless-fullscreen mode are still being looked into. A few card-specific issues persist, too. Radeon RX 400-series cards "may experience scaling issues for some applications when using the display-scaling feature," and some RX 480 users may see their mouse cursors go a little funky.

The Radeon 17.1.2 update is available for download right now.

• madmanmarz

Just tried the new driver. Still locks up at 150mhz. yay.

• Pwnstar

Game looks fun, even if it is a blatant copy of ARK. I mean, ARK is a fun game, too.

• Krogoth

What is best in life Nvidia?

Crush your competitors. See them drawn before you. Hear the lamentations of their fanboys!

• madmanmarz

And still NOTHING bout the 150mhz memory lock issue with some r9 290/390 cards.

• Shobai

Not sure why you were downvoted. Could you describe the problem you’re seeing, or even link to a thread?

• Pwnstar

Probably due to incessant AMD whining.

• Pzenarch

A very quick search for “150mhz memory lock amd” revealed this.

[url<]https://community.amd.com/thread/208845[/url<] Looks like it's been ongoing for ... coming up on two months.

• madmanmarz

I’m sure I was downvoted because of the new wave of fanboys since the sudden change of brand loyalty that has hit this website since the creator went over to AMD.

A few years ago I would have been ridiculed for even having an AMD card to begin with – now I’m being downvoted because I’m highlighting a problem that has taken AMD a long time to acknowledge, and the fanboys only want good news about their precious AMD.

I have stock in it too, but I also want my damn drivers to AT LEAST WORK from the get-go.

• Krogoth

It looks like an issue with power states conflicting with certain applications.

Nvidia isn’t immune to such issues either.

Uh, so I guess this is NOTHING is it?

[quote=”AMD update highlights”<]Fixed Issues: Changing memory clocks with Radeon WattMan with more than one display connected may cause memory clocks to intermittently become stuck at their minimum setting or switch between min and max ranges intermittently causing display flickering.[/quote<] It's [b<]literally[/b<] the first thing listed in fixed issues. I mean if you said you'd tested it and it was still broken, perhaps you wouldn't be getting downvotes. I'm downvoting you because you didn't even bother reading the first link, you just went straight into WHINE MODE.

• Shobai

And now that he’s confirmed the issue still exists on the new driver?

• madmanmarz

Not going to lie, I did not try the 17.1.2 driver since I had read others saying the 150mhz bug was still present & because I had tried every other release numerous times and had nothing but headaches. This issue was happening for me with or without any overclocking software.

Anyway I even skimmed through the notes but managed to overlook that, gonna try them now.

I was simply trying to put some attention on an issue that AMD had ignored for months, especially since the first Crimson releases were also causing overclocking issues for a long time before they were fixed.

They wouldn’t even acknowledging the problem, and yes I reported the problem on AMD’s site, but I’m crossing my fingers now.