Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is the fastest graphics card we've tested. For some, its performance is just a jumping-off point. Getting those last few FPS used to require sourcing water blocks, pumps, radiators and tubing, then plumbing together a custom open-loop cooling system. EVGA's Titan X/1080 Ti Hybrid Waterblock cooler is a self-contained CLC that makes it easy to bypass an air cooler's thermal limitations. The Titan X Hybrid kit also contains a blower-style air cooler for cooling a card's memory chips and power delivery circuitry. Cooling these components has become increasingly important in recent graphics cards, much to EVGA's chagrin.
EVGA says the Titan X Hybrid fits reference Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X (Pascal) models, GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition cards, and all current EVGA GTX 1070 and GTX 1080 cards fitted with blower coolers. Eleven different EVGA models are on the compatibility list, several of which are not blower cooler models:
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition (11G-P4-6390-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition Gaming (11G-P4-6393-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming (08G-5180KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC Gaming (08G-P4-5182-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition (08G-6180-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming (08G-P4-6181-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC Gaming (08G-6183-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition (08G-P4-6170-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming (08G-P4-6171-KR)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming (08G-P4-6173-KR)
- EVGA 08G-P4-6172-KR
The model listed "08G-P4-6172-KR" left us scratching our heads. We were unable to find a product page for that model. This could represent a typographical error in the compatibility list, or the model could be something offered only to OEMs. Based on the model number, we think it's some kind of GTX 1070 card.
The EVGA Titan X/1080 Ti Hybrid Waterblock cooler isn't shipping just yet, but EVGA has set a price at $120, which seems reasonable for both a closed-loop liquid cooler and an air cooler for the memory chips and power delivery circuitry. The installation manual is available here for those who need to see what it takes to install the cooler before parting with their cash.